Gotta lov 'bama

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 22WRF, Jun 21, 2006.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

By Mike Linn
    Montgomery Advertiser

Alabama's Democratic Party is distancing itself from two Democratic candidates for state office who think all illegal immigrants must leave or be killed.

Party officials described the platforms of candidates Larry Darby and Harry Lyon as ridiculous, unconstitutional and offensive. Darby is running for attorney general, and Lyon is a gubernatorial candidate.

Both agree the influx of illegal immigration into Alabama must be stopped, either through public hangings or martial law.

The party didn't know the men's views before they qualified, said Jim Spearman, the party's executive director. Spearman learned of Lyon's views from the Montgomery Advertiser.

In a statement Friday, the party said Darby would remain on the ballot as a Democrat because there was no formal challenge against him within the timeframe set by its bylaws. Spearman declined to speculate about Lyon.

"His views ... were offensive to many people, across the board," Spearman said of Darby. "It's an embarrassment to the party."

Lyon said if elected, he would sponsor a law to get all illegal immigrants out of the state within 90 days, or be hanged in public.

"It would only take five or 10 getting killed and broadcast on CNN for it to send a clear message to not set foot in Alabama," said Lyon, a Pelham lawyer. "Anybody that breaks into my home is a threat to my life. I remember the Alamo."

Spearman called Lyon's proposal ridiculous and unconstitutional.

"I think you get some candidates who want to get name (recognition) by issuing outlandish statements sometimes," he said.

Darby, though, said he would support Lyon in his election bid.

"If he's willing to have public hangings of Mexicans, that sounds like he's the right man for the job," Darby said.

Darby's opponent in the Democratic primary, Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson Jr., said he doesn't consider Darby a serious opponent.

"This man is not connected to reality," Tyson said. "I think he's a crackpot trying to get some publicity."

Darby said if elected he would ask the governor to institute martial law to stop the influx of illegal immigrants into Alabama. If illegal immigrants attempt to evade law enforcement, they "should be shot on sight," he said.
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

That's a great post 22
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ohh ya, that is funny.

But on the other hand, if elected the word would spread like wild fire and there would be a mass migration of illegals OUT of AL.
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

The Monkey Town Advertiser is a Johnny Come Lately.

This news item has been on the Internet news sites for at least three weeks. I first read about it prior to the primaries that were voted the first week of June. It also ran in the Birmingham News back the latter part of May.

You're right, Marlin. They would be packing up and leaving.....
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Whatever gets the job done!
  6. stash247

stash247 New Member

You offer the classic examplle of why the Supreme Court of Alabama does not recognize DNA evidence: It's all the same!