Gotta love the internet..... 1911 dissasembly!

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by AngelDeville, Dec 7, 2007.

1. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

So I'm waiting for a new trigger, mainspring housing and various other odds and ends for my new carry OM, and the parts won't even be here before monday, and I'm impatient.

I have had 1911's for the past 15 years, but have never dissasembled one past a field strip, and I plan on installing the parts myself, so a quick google search and a few minutes later I have a lap full of parts!:D ,and a few minutes after that I have the gun re-assembled and it still actually functions!

I was a little scared to delve into unkown territory, but the simplicity of the JMB design and the wonders of the internet have all aligned, and I now have an even deeper appreciation for J Mo's most wonderous creation.

I did have a scare when the sear, disconnector and this other little doo-dad fell out into a jumbled pile, but it was pretty easy to figure out.

Now I have a dremel, and a pair of pliers, and some red locktite. So I will soon be accepting orders for 1911 custom work. PM me here for prices!:p
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Give the Dremal tool away before Monday. They have ruined more 1911's than any other tool.
  3. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

LOL not only 1911's
  4. bmac1911

bmac1911 New Member

Dremel? LOL - a guy I work with calls it a "Do More" Grinder... but yes, VERY bad if y'ain't careful
  5. Tyguy

Tyguy New Member

"Step away from the Dremel!" Just be very careful. I highly recomend the cloth cones and an extremely light compound (ie red jeweler's polish) for surface work but follow the "less is more" rule.
  6. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Actually, your friend is referring to a die grinder made by DuMore company.
    Bill