1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Graf brass

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Bill Ferguson, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Bill Ferguson

Bill Ferguson New Member

When I set out to load new Graf brass in 7x57 Mauser, I found the extractor groove too shallow to enter an RCBS #3 shell holder. I had a Lyman x2 that fit OK. When I started seating primers, the pockets were so tight that i had to really force a Federal primer to seat. I fired a few rounds and then discovered that case necks were so thick that it took great force to drag the expander through them. Neck thickness measured .019'. I sent two e-mails to Graf about these problems but got no response from them. Has anyone here had these kinds of problems with this brand?
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I have a couple hundred rounds of Graf brass in 7x57. It will not go in my RCBS shellholder. I had a Hornady (I believe) that worked, but I've misplaced it, so have 200 rounds of useless brass. Don't know about the pockets - hadn't got that far.