Graf brass

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Bill Ferguson, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Bill Ferguson

Bill Ferguson New Member

When I set out to load new Graf brass in 7x57 Mauser, I found the extractor groove too shallow to enter an RCBS #3 shell holder. I had a Lyman x2 that fit OK. When I started seating primers, the pockets were so tight that i had to really force a Federal primer to seat. I fired a few rounds and then discovered that case necks were so thick that it took great force to drag the expander through them. Neck thickness measured .019'. I sent two e-mails to Graf about these problems but got no response from them. Has anyone here had these kinds of problems with this brand?
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I have a couple hundred rounds of Graf brass in 7x57. It will not go in my RCBS shellholder. I had a Hornady (I believe) that worked, but I've misplaced it, so have 200 rounds of useless brass. Don't know about the pockets - hadn't got that far.