Grafs and sons

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Lotsdragon, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Dropped into grafs in st charles mo yesterday and he had primers out the wazzoo! Had a sign up restricting everyone to 500 per size. While I was peruseing the aisles another gentleman came and started demanding that he sell him more than what the sign said! What a moron, long story short guy was asked to leave and didnt get any primers. While checking out with my 500 spp and 500 lrp I applauded the man behind the counter. Guy got really rude using fowl language and how it would be the last time he used the store.Guy behind the counter let him go through his tirade and looked him in the eye and said "sir its time for you to leave". Very professional! :D
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Yikes, you'd think the guy woulda been happy that it wasn't restricted to 100 ea! I would just be happy to get some; if I was in dire need of more, just grab a friend and have them go pick some up for me. Some people :rolleyes::rolleyes:; glad to hear that he didn't get squat from them!! I've dealt with Graf online, always been pretty reasonable and the customer service that I've experience with them has been superior to most anywhere else.
  3. The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante New Member

Graf and Sons is not placing any limit on primers sold thru their website. Wonder why they are placing limits in their store?
  4. woolleyworm

My thought on this is : You don't have to drive to the internet; for those customers that are local and coming to the store, the only thing that will keep them coming back is by having items available. Nobody likes driving 20 miles only to find out the shelves are empty.
  5. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Makes sense. I call ahead to Gander Mountain if I don't have the time to waste rather than driving there. Fortunately I live pretty close so I'll drive there and be happy even if they didn't have what I wanted in the first place.
  6. oldreloader

oldreloader New Member

Another reason they don't restrict web purchases is the added expense of Hazmat fees.The fewer primers you buy with the same HM charge raises the price significantly.
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Got that right. Someone posted that somebody had primers (don't recall who). Limit of 1000. 35 dollars for 1000 primers. Plus 22.50 hazmat. That's 60 damn dollars !!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
  8. woolleyworm

That's why I don't buy less than 5k, if they can't do that, then I don't buy. Natchez sold out pretty quickly last night, but I got another 5k coming. 5k ended up at $40/1k everything included. This should be enough for next year and a little into 2011.
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

5K ain't enough. Last time I bought primers I bought 40K. That made the hazmat around 2.50 per 5000. I added another 5K on the order and that pushed it over the weight limit. They said that would take two boxes, and another 20 dollar hazmat. So I took that 5K back off.
  10. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Years ago,

I used to shot trap at their store in Mexico Mo. in a shoot called a "Calcutta" where shooters were auctioned off the night before, and the buyer shared the winnings wiith the shooter who won. Very professional folks there. Well run, and if anyone stepped out of line, professionally handled as you experianced. I wonder if the guy you saw in action could be the guy I remeber, keeping "order" over the masses!
    Regards,
    Kirk