Grandpa and His Little Helper in The Gun Room

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/26/02 10:31:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Grandpa and His Little Helper in The Gun Room
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Isn't this what the future of our sport is all about...

In case anyone is confused, that's ol' Kdub in background, with his main helper and future hunting buddy, Mason!

The room is cozy, but I can usually reach any desired item by pivoting on one foot!

Edited by: kdub01 at: 4/27/02 12:28:17 am

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/26/02 10:49:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Grandpa and His Little Helper in The Gun Room
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A really neat picture. A loading buddy to help out.

GG

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/27/02 9:46:15 am)
    Good deal ct2. I wish I could get my Grandkids here so they could learn the way it was, or is. My congratulations

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/27/02 10:59:35 am)
    Absolutely priceless...

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/28/02 1:53:40 am)
    looks like he is doing a great job. You must be proud.

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/28/02 2:17:09 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Grandpa and His Little Helper in The Gun Room
    Looks like the acorn didn't fall far from the tree here.
    RuffItt

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/28/02 7:29:48 pm)
    I'm confused, the guy in the background is kdub? Kdub strikes me as a young fella....Maybe we could start a "how old are you thread".
    ~-~I'm your huckleberry.~-~

Edited by: Donny Henry at: 4/28/02 8:31:50 pm

sweetsoo
    (4/28/02 9:08:27 pm)
    Hey Kdub-
    It's good to start them young. Becomes a natural part of growing up. Besides, I don't know of a young boy that doesn't like to spend time with "Grandpa". Grandpa's are kinda like Superman.
    ss

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/29/02 11:53:06 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Good for you Ken, good to see this, brightened up my day!

And a hearty Welcome Aboard to SweetSoo!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/29/02 3:09:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter

Hey, sweetsoo --

How ya doin, gal? Glad to see ya joinin in with us. Why don't ya kick back and have some fun with us?

this place could become addictive.

for visiting, Hope you enjoyed your visit, and will soon.

Regards

RuffItt

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/29/02 3:17:51 pm)
    Hiya Sweetsoo......and welcome to TFF!

sweetsoo
    (4/29/02 4:37:18 pm)
    I'm suprised that it took me so long to post for the first time here. Cointoss hogs the computer. Thanks for the hearty welcome.

Alphamale
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/29/02 5:34:15 pm)
    Welcome to the board Sweetsooooo
    Pardon me while I burst into flames. I've had enough of the world and its people's mindless games---Incubus

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/29/02 6:38:51 pm)
    Yup -

A big WELCOME and a hug around the neck, SweetSoo!

SweetSoo is Cointoss' and my computer guru - she knows how to do all the fancy posting and entering. Couldn't function without her, bless her!

Hey Donny Henry - Thanks for the compliment! I'm actually a 12 year old in a 64 year old body, according to my long suffering wife!

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/29/02 7:19:38 pm)
    Welcome dear lady sweetsoo.

You're ole man is a good gent and we like him around here, pleased to have you post with us anytime.

Donny Henry, if you are looking for ancient old geezer...I'm yer man. 66 trapped in a 110 year old body.

Gunguy

sweetsoo
    (4/29/02 9:02:51 pm)
    You're too sweet KW- I have the benefit of working in a computer department. So, as long as it's not too complicated, I can figure out what kind of question to ask. It also helps that CT gets off the computer every now and then so that I can play without someone looking over my shoulder asking if I'm done yet.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/30/02 12:45:17 am)
    Now THAT pic needs to be turned into a Rockwell painting!

Rich

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (5/3/02 8:02:46 am)
    Great picture Kdub. Thanks for sharing it with us.

jbbooks
    (7/17/02 9:49:40 pm)
    Great looking gun room too! My grandkids are fascinated whenever they get to visit in mine as well.

cal414
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/02 7:47:09 pm)
    Thank you for posting that picture. It really made my evening.

75BDdude
    (9/14/02 9:51:04 am)
    This is great!! We realy need to do our best to get the next generations going in the shooting sports. For me, and looking at the heavy barrels on the loading bench, I have almost as much fun loading as I do shooting. And I got my two daughters involved at a young age. You can find individual tasks that they can handle even when they are as young as 4 or 5. One of my daughters just loved to resize cases. So I showed her what to do, watched for a while to make sure all was well, and then let her go to it. There isn't much that can go wrong in the re-size stage for pistol cases and small rifle cases. (just make sure the ram goes all they way up, and all the way down) I then got them interested in loading some of my benchrest ammo. They would realy enjoy throwing charges and seating bullets with a Wilson seater. That I would watch and if they stumbled a bit with the measure I'd have them pour it back in the top and throw it again. This didn't happen often as they soon got into the detail of the whole job even at the age of 6 and 7. I shot some nice bugholes with ammo loaded by my youngsters!!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/14/02 1:37:46 pm)
    75BDdude- Welcome to our board! Hope you will stick around and join in the discussions in the various forums.

Yup, my sidekick is 3 1/2 (got to get that in there, or he'll remind me!) and seems to take an active interest in the goings on in the gun room. Have a little Chipmonk .22 LR rifle nestled in the gun vault for him as he gets older. He's pretty proud of it and wants to hurry up to get big enough to shoot it with Granpa at the gun range.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/14/02 2:13:16 pm)
    Welcome 75BDdude, glad to have you here.

75BDdude
    (9/14/02 7:18:16 pm)
    Thanks folks! I found this chat room through the CZ board. Thats just my most recent addition to the fold so to speak... so when I needed to come up with a login name that was all I could muster. If I'd known I would be frequenting boards related to all the shooting sports I may have decided on something different. But... I gotta admit, that CZ 75 is alot of gun for the money. And my kids seem to really like it too!!
    Ah the Chipmonk.... That thing is a lot of fun isn't it??? When my kids were little I found a beat-up stock for a Ruger 1022 and cut the fore-end and buttstock down by about 2 1/2 inches each. Now everyone I know with kids wants to use it!! I hardly get to put it back in the original stock so that I can shoot it!!!