The Firearms Forum banner

Great American Gunstocks, Beware !

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  skratch 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered a butt stock & fore stock for an 1892 Marlin .22 rifle, when received the butt stock was wrong one and very poor quality, the fore stock appeared to have been shaped with a chain saw. When I contacted GAGS I was told to return both for replacements. Several months and numerous phone calls later I've yet to receive any thing but excuses. :mad: I've since learned this is typical for GAGS. BEWARE!
I finally ordered the same from Numerich Arms, aka Gun Parts Co., The stocks arrived in a timely manner and are the absolute best quality and fit I have ever used, I also obtained a steel cresent butt plate them of very high quality casting and was even highly polished. It required very little fitting as well. I highly reccomend Numerich Arms.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about the 'shoddy' service you received from GAGS.................. I've never delt with them so thanks for the warning.

I've ordered parts from Numerich myself over the years and, in each instance, their manner of doing business was first rate as was the quality of the merchandise I ordered............and I recommend them as well.

#3 ·
skratch,
I am sorry to hear about your experience with GAGS. All I can say about them through personal experience is that Henry Pohl is a down-right thief, liar, cheat, and one of the most dishonest people I've ever dealt with. I am on record with the California BBB in an action against his business practices, or lack of them.
I cannot believe he is still in business. I usually allow alot of leeway to small businesses, because I owned one myself. However, if I would have run my business as he does his, I would have been strung up from the nearest lamp post.
I just had to vent!!
Old Gun Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.