Great business ideas... shot down by my wife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

I've had it. For years I have come up with sure fire, can't miss business ideas and products that have met a quick death when shared with my wife.

Recently, I had a restaurant idea that was sure to be a nationwide sensation.. "Liver Shack." A 24 hour, old fashioned diner styled restaurant that features 24 different liver dishes (Liver Fettucini; Liver and eggs; Liver quiche; liver smoothies, etc.

Well today's brain storm - and her unsupportive, overly critical attitude - just took the damn cake!

All of us men over 40 can agree that few things are less appreciated, less comfortable, more anxiety producing, more humiliating, than the dreaded annual prostate exam. But I have the solution: Hurley's Prostate self-examination kit. It would come complete with one rubber glove, a small tube of KY, a hand held mirror, and an instruction booklet complete with pictures. Retail would be $9.99. Compare that to the doctor's office experience, and a bill upwards of $100.00!

Can you believe that my wife thinks it's the stupidest idea I've come up with yet?! So, I've decided to let the wise and thoughtful members of TFF decide the merits of my new invention. Wouldn't each of you pay less than $10.00 to avoid the annual violation of your dignity?

What say you?
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

:D Thats an ASSanine idea:D
  4. Face it, Pat, you just weren't cut out to be a proctologist. :D ;) :p
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Smart wife.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'd tell you where to put that idea, but Pistol would have to ban me. :D

Pops
  7. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I have to say Donkey..coz most of the Ass jokes were already in use! :D You keep thinkin' Pat & I'll keep buying a Lotto ticket twice a week..:D
  8. click

click New Member

Back on the Jim Beam again, huh? Well the thought of you and your new idea suceeded in getting 2 people in my house ill (which i suppose was the intent to begin with):):eek: Your wife is obviously a saint of a woman and an xcellent judge of new ideas! Tell her about my idea for movie theaters with only reclining chairs and remotes for all patrons. :D
  9. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

That's nothing. Wait until you turn 50; your doctor will perscribe a tour, beginning at the distal end of your alimentary canal, that allows you to cruise up the tube in full live action living color. You are the star, and the director, and get to relax, while viewing the interior of your colon while lying comfortably on a cold, hard table, accompanied by the operator and a assistant.

The best part - your wife can't shoot it down. The worst part, you can look forward to the trip again when you turn 60. :D :D :D

LL
  10. Tuttle

Tuttle New Member

You don't have to buy those prostrate kits. I hear there are people who will PAY YOU to do your exam:eek:
  11. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Tuttle, if you are offering to pay me to examine your prostrate, I would have to say no. I am not qualified or licensed to practice medicine in California.

LL
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  12. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

hahahaha! i shouldnt have laughed...:D
  13. Mark

Mark New Member

Instead, how about a radio station? All Johnny Cash, all the time!

Mark
  14. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Yeah.....but most of them are either in San Francisco or in Provincetown, MA.

Take your idea, and stick it where the sun don't shine! :D :D :D
  15. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

It has merit. But what happens when you need a second opinion? Do you call the neighbors in or what?:D