Great idea.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luke, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Luke

Luke New Member

I was just thinking, ive seen alot of guns online, especially historic ww2 guns like Lugers, with all matching parts except one, usually it being the mag, or maby a holster with a non matching serial, etc. I was thinking, why isn't there a website database, where you can register your gun, or each serial #'d piece, including mags, etc. and you can match up parts, so if you have gun serial 123 but your mag is 456, and someone has 123, you could buy it off of them, and vice-versa. I know it would be hard because the condition of the piece maby be different from the rest of the gun, such as it was re-blued, etc. but i know if i were to have one of these guns and someone out there had the mag that matched my serial # i would gladly trade it or buy if off of the person, or even sell that mag to them to make a complete gun.
    what do all of you think? or am i just being to optimistic and overlooking some factors?
    thanks,
    Luke
  2. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Not too thrilled about listing my weapons and serial numbers. Just paranoid I guess
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I have to agree with Gabob on this one.
  4. Yup, I must agree as well. Can't you just imagine some BTAF&E clerk drooling over such a website? :rolleyes:
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah, that guy would definatly need a moisture barrier to cover his keyboard from all the.....slobber? i guess... :rolleyes: ...or worse!!!!

mike
    gn
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Good idea, just not practical..or safe:eek:
  7. Luke

Luke New Member

hahaha and i guess that was the one thing i was over looking :)
    Luke
  8. travihanson

travihanson New Member

Yeah.....I'm thinking that my firearms will not be registered unless you consider the official buy registration....That would be it...Don't believe in it.