Great now there's eight.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bunnyhunter12, Jun 26, 2007.

1. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Was all bad enough when my roomates girlfriend brought home two F%$#ing cats. Now there's eight. Was just sitting here watching television, and the female starts popping out kittens like a darn kitten factory. Have I mentioned I don't like cats. Isn't it a miracle, I guess it's off to the lake with my trusty burlap sack in the morning.:eek: Actually I like kittens, something about mammals being hard wired to like the young of other mammals I suppose, but when they turn in to full blown cats, get them the hell away from me.
  2. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

I had a siamese cat once, mean sucker...he would piss on my pillow just for spite....so after I booted his butt to the great outdoors, i nevr had another cat...besides.....my dog gets all my attention
  3. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

EDIT: Lead Lobber, so far today, I have deleted one of your posts and did a serious edit on this one. We try to have a PG forum as you well know.

The bottom line is, one more post like this one and you are out of here. I'm too busy to be your personal baby sitter.

This sir is your FINAL warning.

Shooter45.
  4. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
  5. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

I don't like cats, either.

What is it with teenage boys, and cats? I know a website where a lot of the teenage boys like cats. Is this a 'gay' thing?

Please understand, I'm not trying to be insulting or funny about this. I really don't understand the situation. All the friends I had growing up had dogs, and only dogs. OK, one had a cat, but we weren't 'nice' to it. Shooting at it, throwing stuff at it, chasing it around on our bikes, the garden hose, the pool skimmer, the electric razor, etc.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  6. rowdyredneck

rowdyredneck New Member

I'm more of a dog person but I recently took in an injured kitten. Long story but the little guy was attacked and almost killed my a wild raccoon one night about two weeks ago. I was laying in bed and heard him screeching outside so I knew something was wrong. The coon ran off as soon as it saw me and I haven't seen him since. It was trying to eat the kitten alive and had his back leg partly chewed up. Most people probably would have finished the kitten off but I felt bad for him so I brought him in the house overnight. The next day I bandaged his foot up and let him back outside. Later on that day he managed to fall in the pond outside and almost drown, so I rescued him again. I've saved the little guy's life twice so I've sort of taken a liking to him. He's doing well now and sleeping on my lap as I type this.
  7. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Thats a good thing ya did, I wont harm an animal...unless I'm gonna eat it, but I have to admit if I saw an injured cat I would help it
  8. stash247

stash247 New Member

Eight is a bunch, to be sure!
    Shooter, I'll be nice, so don't edit me yet! (LOL)
    I got down to just one dog, an Austrailian Cattle Dog, known here as a Red (or Blue) Heeler, but the cats sound like an even trade, to me!
    They are 'self regulating', as to food, ie, they eat what they need, and walk away, train readily to a litter tray, and are seldom destructive, or agressive.
    Georgia is a fine example of the ACD; reach for me, and startle me, and she will try to chew your arm off; she will eat anything worth eating, when and where she can find it, if left to her own devices.
    Anything that walks, runs, skates, or rolls, is something to herd, and she will try to herd it, to wherever I point, but the herding is always ahead of the looking for a 'point'!
    She's a protective, affectionate, intelligent dog, who thrives on my being a step ahead of her, and directing her energies to productive, rather than destructive, things, but, sometimes, anticipating her is a huge challenge!
    I've worked this breed for well over twenty years, and she is the biggest challenge, out of being far and away, the most intelligent, I've ever seen, much less, worked!
    Interestingly, she was a 'rescue ' dog, out of the second of two unsuccessful homes, because, I think, she was smarter than either prior owner!
    The "Plus" side includes, she can work a hundred dairy cows, pasture to barn, and never spook a one, in less time than four kids on four wheelers, like, less than half the time, and want to do more!
    She works goats, sheep, even ducks (started out as a 'sucker bet',until the 'sucker' was inentified), with equal aplomb, and mark none of the stock; we use three 'audibles', the rest is hand signals.
    The "Minus" side is that she has teeth, and a lot of attitude, and no respect for people she does not know, or like; if she had her way, there'd be no need for dogfood!
    We're working on the second part, every day; she will settle,to the word, and allow peacable folks to pass, if supervised, and anticipated.
    Still wanna trade those cats?
  9. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Uhhh.... Bunnyhunter .... did no one tell the girlfriend about spaying/neutering? :rolleyes: I grew up in the country where there were always cats around, and those females are regular "kitten factories." ;)

I have two house cats now, one of each, both fixed, and you'd be in MAJOR trouble if you ever tried to haul them off in a burlap sack. :eek:

Attached Files:

10. Thunderhawk88

Thunderhawk88 New Member

I have been a dog person all my life. Then about 8 years ago my wife called me at work one day and asked if we could get a cat. I told her we would have to ease it in so my German Shepard accepted it, which she did instantly, becoming "mother" to the kitten.
    After my Shepard passed we got a Spaniel pup, and our four cats then "mothered" her. Now we have 2 dogs and eleven cats (the newer 7 were rescues) and they all get along great.
  11. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Thanks for the support in this trying time guys.

Rowdy, your a kind person, I probably would have done the same thing in taking the kitten in for the night but come morning I'm calling one of the girls in my family saying "please come over and take a cat out of my house."

SoMo, I was very much joking on the burlap sack bit but I think you picked up on that. And yes, I've mentioned getting the cats fixed, MANY times but she "doesn't have the money right now"................ Don't get me started on that.

Stash, actually I'd love to trade in this barrel of feline ferocity for one difficult dog. As my handle will tell I hunt bunnies and around here we do it with dogs. Conventional wisdom would seem to point most people to believe that if you let a dog pretend to be a wolf all day, he's going to be a mean sonuva' when you take him home. Not so if you treat him right, my buddy Molson is a MEAN A$$, BIG BAD WOLF with five confirmed kills but as soon as we get home he's the silly blonde, attention grabbing, "I don't care who you are as long as you scratch my belly" dog that I took the time to help him be. I'm sure you've read White Fang, well I'm like the old guy who wins the heart of the Wild Wolf by loving him until he has no choice but to love me back.
  12. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Bunny, pawn them off while you can! They have a SHORT shelf life! EVERYBODY will take a 4-5 week old kitten as soon as they don't need mommy, they ARE cute, that's why God MADE them that way, but when they get to be gangly 8 week olds, you have to about PAY somebody to take 'em!:mad:

And I too am a "Dog Man" stuck with 2 cats....:p

Cats have a place, like the one fixed male we have is a hunter like me, every morning before he comes in to be fed he usually has a kill or two neatly lined up on the porch for me to inspect! Once it was a an ugly mean looking burrowing mole about the size HE is, I was pretty impressed, So HE at least earns his "keep....":p

IF it ain't a "mouser" a cat's only value may just be moving target practice....:p

The other one is an old brain dead indoor female that was my daughter's that is about 14 years old...if it wasn't for the "comedic"relief" of her falling asleep on strange perches then crashing to the floor for her entire life she has NO use I can see....:D

It's kind of funny, even my wife comes home from work every day sounding like that calm 911 call where the guy shot his wife....she goes into the utility room and says "Newsy, are you DEAD yet?":p

But I know all ABOUT the "First 2 then 8" scenario, you have my SYMPATHY....

And appropos of nothing, of course, ;) when you DO take one or more of them for the "long walk," make sure the shotgun is a repeater, a single shot is NOT a good idea if they are not "restrained" in some way, at least in my experience...:cool:

But seriously, I REALLY hate people that "dump them off" out in the country to get rid of them, and that happens ALL the time:mad: ....ESPECIALLY ones that they first "declawed!!!!" Unless you WANT to simply feed the coyotes!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Guess what? Out of sight is NOT out of mind!:mad: :mad: :mad:

If you don't want it anymore, you shouldn't have HAD it in the FIRST place , and if you don't have the ability or smarts to shoot them yourself, take them to the POUND to be euthenized:mad:
  13. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Couldn't have said it better myself Polish. I hunt, and I have a severe dislike of cats but cruelty makes me sick. There are quick, painless ways to deal with unwanted cats and they usually include a couple of phone calls asking who wants them.
  14. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a cat person and have been for all my life. (And no, Silencer, I'm far from gay.) I wouldn't own more than one at a time though! The ones I've had have been both indoor and outdoor cats, great hunters, great with kids, extremely loyal, obedient (yes, they follow commands as well as any dog), clean and affectionate. I'm not really a dog person. I would own one, but it would have to be a more intelligent breed. What I really don't understand is people who own little tiny worthless rat dogs that they carry around with them everywhere they go.
  15. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

lol@ratdogs....my ex had a chihuahua...nice little dog, but so yappy....I'll stick with my big footed german shepherd...at least he's a big nerd like me:D
  16. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

CAT,,The other "white" meat! :D just kidding! Lots of Rescue places to take those "extra" animules who need a home.