Great SouthEast Shootout & Getaway

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tuckerd1, May 11, 2004.

1. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

Great SE Etc Shoot

Okay guys in the southeast, listen up!

We have a great number of members from down here now. What you say about a get together sometime soon.

I have a place I can host the get together. Firing range 7 miles from house. I'm in Northeast Alabama about 40 miles NE of Huntsville.

If that is not convenient to everyone, some one come up with an alternative site.

The First Don
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Sounds great!

[​IMG]
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Way to go, guys. I can tell you that they are really fun. a weekend of banging and gabbing, with good folks and good eats. It just doesn't get much better.

Pops
  4. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

Sounds like a plan but need more particulars. A Don too.:D
  5. tuckerd1

OK Don Too, give us some ideas. I got it rolling. I'm tired tonite but I'll add some more tomorrow. Til then yall hash it over and let's see where it goes.

Lodging is easy. Check Out Paint Rock Valley Lodge Rates are $50 nite for 2 double room. Shared bath facilities (2 male - 2 female??), but kept clean. Indoor pool. Can rent lodge for our exclusive use. Possibly sent up our own firing range here too. I'll have to on that. ~2000 acres available for hiking, etc. Great creeks for wade or float fishing.
  6. tuckerd1

Can't sleep tonite. Got an itchy throat and cough.

Anyway, the lodge will provide cooks or we can cook ourselves. Or we can have the lodge do breakfast and we do supper.

If we can't use lodge property for shooting, WMA range is about 7-8 miles from lodge. 100 & 200 yd rifle and 50 yard pistol. Covered shooting benches.

Yall give me some dates that may work. Of course we will have to check availability of lodge. I'll check on available dates tomorrow.
  7. tuckerd1

Unstuck this temp. so it doesn't get overlooked in all the stickys above.
  8. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Tuck
    This a great idea and I will be glad to take part in it .
    I have sponsored a couple of shoots that where fairly large ( the last was over 675 shooters in one day) and this can be one heck of a chore requiring lots of time and effort.
    I will be a helper and a sounding board for you if you want me to help in that way. And I'm retired so I can make up an excuse to be there:D now check your PM.
    Ron in Pensacola Fl.
    Last edited: May 12, 2004
  9. tuckerd1

Thanks Ron! I'll be calling.
  10. tuckerd1

11. 358 winchester

Great looking lodge
    The wife and I might just come up some weekend for a get away and a little retreat do they offer OLD FART discounts cause I have some that I have been saving for several years in a mason jar.:D
  12. tuckerd1

I bet they really smell bad by now!!
  13. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Tuck, All of this sounds good to me...Especially if I can tie it in with an Auto Plant trip...I'll check the travel schedule...:cool:
  14. tuckerd1

Smokin, I figgurrd this wood get yor attention. We gonna ty to do it up good. You ain't far enuf you need a 'plant trip to come down hear.
  15. Rugster

Rugster New Member

My in laws live in Orlando and we go down at least a couple times a yr to visit.Ive got enough comp time built up where I can leave most any time as long as its not on a Holiday or a Bristol NASCAR Race.My wife can take vacation almost any time after tax season.I would love to get up with you Lady's and Gentlmen.Of course I hope gas comes down soon??
  16. Dave W.

Dave W. New Member

I'd love to get together with a bunch of tff people, my schedule is kind of tight right now, but I shouldn't have a problem doing a weekend of some sort. As long as Ron knows what's going on I'll stay in the loop, and if I can come I'd love to be there.

Dave
    (Pensacola, Fl)
  17. tuckerd1

I checked on the Lodge over the weekend and the only weekend available is 24-25 July, that's a Sat nite and Sunday nite, Friday is reserved. Eddie at the lodge said we could setup a range there to shoot also.

If enough are interested, minimum 20, we can reserve it for our use. The cost is $25 per person per day. He will charge $5 per person for each breakfast, generally all you can eat. Country ham, sausage, bacon, scramb eggs, grits, hashbrowns, biscuits, gravy and cereal for the lite eaters. Orange juice and coffee for drinks. We'll host dinner at my place unless the crowd gets huge.

The lodge has 18 rooms with 2 dbl beds per room.

If that weekend is not convient for at least 20, we can still plan a weekend that is good for enough to come and I will host activities at my house and at the WMA shooting range. We can shoot at my place, but I do not have a long range shooting area set up yet.

Yall let me know what ya want to do. If we go the lodge route we need to set something up soon.
  18. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Your right Tuck...Count me in if it's later in the summer...got some stuff i'm workin' on around here at the moment...;)
  19. Dave W.

Dave W. New Member

I'm interested, but I don't even know my way out of Pensacola yet...

Dave
  20. 358 winchester

Don put me down for at least three and I will bring Dave with me so that is four. what are we shooting and do I get to bring the last place trophy home with me cause I ain't giving up till I win it :mad: :D ;)
    WHAT NO CREAM OF WHEAT!!!!!:D :D :D :D
    Last edited: May 17, 2004