Great time at the Gun Range Today

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Deputy Dawg, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Today was the first time I had ever shot a AR15 , what a sweet shooting rifle.now I have to have one. We fired about 300 rounds each, standing kneeing, and it the prone position,we had to qualify with the rifle and my score was 100, but it was only from the 50 yard line, still it was fun and I had a great time, but hey any day at the range is a good day, oh how i love the smell of burnt gunpowder :D :D we also had to break them down and clean them, it is a fairly simple rifle to field strip and put back together. They were Rock River Arns with a 16in barrel and a collapsible stock.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  2. They are indeed sweet, Dawg. Shoot like .22s but with a lot more pizazz! Hook up a 30 round mag, and it's almost like rockin' and rollin'. :D
  3. Deputy Dawg

Yes it was.
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sounds to me like.......YOUR HOOKED!!! :D :D :D
  5. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I always was drawn to the AR15 but never bought one. Then the California legislature banned assualt weapons. Was I ever bummed. But along came the FAB-10 Receiver.

It has a blind magazine fitted with a 10 round rivetted-in modified magazine. To load it you have to break it open, hinge the top forward and either strip clip load it or load it one round at a time. This magazine feature was/is enough to avoid the CA Assault Weapons Ban law (according to the CA Attorney General). So I got one.

I put an ASA flat top Varmint/Match upper on it and shoot it off the bench. What fun, a great gun, and I circumvented the CA law legally. The trick is that the premise for application of the law is, amoung other things, a removable magazine which the FAB-10 does not have. Where there is a will there is a way. Eat your hearts out you gun control freaks!

LDBennett
  6. Deputy Dawg

Yes I am, I have a Ruger Mini 14, a SKS,a civilian AK-47,which all shoot great, but the AR-15 Car model I was shooting was very easy to shoot fast and accurately.I was shooting rapid fire at 50yds and was keeping all of my shots in a 4x6 oval on the target. I know there are people out there that could shoot a lot better than that but this was my first time to shoot one of these.We were shooting offhand, kneeling ,and in the prone position, with open sites. I have to get one of these,Is there anyone out there that could buy me one for Christmas? :D
  7. Jay

Jay New Member

I really hate being jealous...... :( ..... you get to go out and shoot, while I sit here and listen to the wind, feeling a wind chill of around 8 degrees..... :mad:

Turn about is fair play, right?

When I do get to go, I take these.....

[​IMG]

These are both RRA's, and I'm very impressed with 'em. When you get yours, you'll have the weather AND the weapons.......then I'll get jealous all over again. :D
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Don't go out and shoot an Steyr AUG or USR.
    Another one that "hooks" you.
    You will leave your AR-15 at home if you do.
  9. wundudnee

wundudnee New Member

This is my son's Bushmaster with a borrowed Acog scope. It makes a fine "Alabama" varmint rifle. That scope is ominous, however, it costs just about as much as the rifle. :eek:
    [​IMG]
  10. Deputy Dawg

Now i am Jealous you have two and I have none,the temperature here today is only 70 degrees great shooting weather.The one I shot looked like the one in the top of your picture except it had open sites, can I barrow one?
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  11. Deputy Dawg

I have always wanted to try a Steyr AUG,so if i ever get a chance to i guess i better not then, they cost even more.