Great Western Revolver value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Sharon289, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Sharon289

Sharon289 New Member

I have a Great Western 38 Special six-shooter serial GW9415
    Can anyone with knowledge of this gun tell me about how much it may be worth?
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

With out pictures to determine the condition only vague information can be given.Made between 1953 to 1961. The Standard catalog states that because of inconsistent quality they closed their doors in 1961. General value is listed at 500 in like new condition down to 200 in poor. I feel that might be a little high but because only 22,000 were made perhaps there is some collectors interest.
  3. Sharon289

Sharon289 New Member

Thanks for the info, I'll try to post a pic. Do you also evaluate other guns and rifles or just those from Great Western?
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

As the forum name says, we try to identify and give an approximate value on any guns a poster wants to describe or show us. We aren't perfect, and values vary widely depending on the make and condition of the gun (which is why pictures are so desireable), area of the country, and degree of collector interest, but we try.

Jim
  5. sackpeterson

sackpeterson New Member

As the other fellows said, depends on condition and configuration. I'd set the bottom at $200 for poor condition, and work up from there.

We like to see as many as we can at our site, feel free to come over and chat about it.

http://www.greatwesternarmscollector.com/