grenade launching?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

CENTRAL TEXAS
    (2/14/03 9:35:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All grenade launching?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HAS ANY ONE TRIED LAUNCHING A DUMMY GRENADE WITH A YUGOSLAV SKS?

mustang7513
    (2/14/03 10:15:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: grenade launching?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't even know where or if the grenade blank and dummy grendade are available.

Things of quality have no fear of time.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/14/03 11:28:39 pm)
    Is that legal?
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

mustang7513
    (2/14/03 11:35:47 pm)
    I am not a law dude, but what harm could there be in lobbing an inert dummy grenade down range in some open field... assuming of course that you can leagaly discharge a firearm where you would be doing this. Well, I guess if you got hit in the head with the dummy grenade it might hurt a bit , but then it would hurt a lot more if you got hit by that 7.62X39 round.
    Things of quality have no fear of time.

mckheean
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/15/03 7:48:10 am)
    I have found several grenades at the gun shows but I can't find any blank ammo to shoot them with.If I find some watch out.My homemade tater shooter will launch a tater about 200 yards. Benny

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/15/03 10:12:51 am)
    I've not yet tried it, but I do have the M1A2 grenade adapter. I've ordered an inert pineapple grenade as well as a practice rifle grenade for my M59/66. I bought these strictly for display, but it's mighty tempting to take them out on the ranch and see what they'll do. I just don't know about the legality. One would think that if the rifle can be imported with the grenade launcher, they have to assume that people would use it. Since live grenades are obviously illegal, it would have to be with dummy grenades. My advice is to do a lot of research on Federal, State, and local law before trying it.

You can buy blank 7.62x39 rounds. I can't recall the website off the top of my head right now, but if you're really interested, I'll find it. Just let me know.

Another thing is that I have been told that the blanks you can buy are not the same as the grenade blanks. The grenade blanks carried a higher charge. But I can't verify this one way or the other right now, as I haven't tried it.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!