Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini with olive oil....oh yeah.

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by mjp28, Jul 30, 2012.

1. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini with olive oil....oh yeah.

Whether it's the younger and smaller zucchini or the bigger ones when you have tons of them I love grilled zucchini.

Start by slicing them down the middle, scoop out the seeds, leave the skin on.

Cut the halves into strips or wedges depending on zucchini size.
    Then take a fork and carefully and lightly prick the length of the strips to help absorb the olive oil.
    Sprinkle the strips with extra virgin olive oil (olive oil spray will also work).

Now sprinkle Emeril's (or other brand) Garlic Parmesan Essence powder lightly on the zucchini strips.

(NOTE: the Emeril's Garlic Parmesan Essence for Bread is primarily made from a fine powder made with fine garlic, parmesan, white pepper, and is also used for making garlic bread, works great here or on bread on a cooking sheet or grill. You might find something similar at your local store...or make your own.)

Put some fresh ground pepper to taste.
    Salt is optional. (I put it on after cooking.)

Put directly on grill or on a veggie grill or basket. We put the zucchini directly on the grill and put on an upper rack to keep warm until ready to serve.

Cook lightly until you see the grill marks or your taste then serve and eat!

We had it today, really good! :)
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Great idea with the Emerils, I love grilled zukes.
  3. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Oh yes it was a good "leftover meal", I wanted hot dogs with my various mustards, we had one keilbassi plus my wife had 3 chicken breasts to cook up.

She used Emeril's Southwest Essence seasoning on the chicken so we had dinner plus leftovers ready for tomorrow.

Emeril's has their Essence, Rubs and Pankos and more:

http://www.emerilstore.com/departments.asp?dept=1155

Emeril’s™ Essence Seasonings are the perfect blend of spices and herbs to compliment meat or fowl, fish or pasta.

4 pack Set includes 1 each:
    - Original Essence
    - Southwest Essence <--- great on chicken, got a gift set years ago
    - Italian Essence
    - Bayou Blast Essence