grips for a ruger black eagle 1972 year

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by kcomqg, Jan 27, 2012.

1. kcomqg

kcomqg New Member

looking to see what grips will fit a old ruger black eagle its a 1972 mod i picked up cheap saved it from the pawn shop for $150.00
    its in good shape no rust a few thin spots in the blue grips are plastic but i want some wood!!
    its the one thats says automatic pistol instead of mark1 etc
    do any other types interchange etc
    and also what mags if any interchange
    thanks!!! lmk
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Does it have the A100 grip frame?

If so any grip panels off a newer mk 2 or 3 will fit. The only differences are the mk 2 and 3 grips are inletted for the bolt stop and the 1911 style magazine release (MK 3).

If you want a set of Mk1 grips go to ebay and search ruger mk 1 pachmeyer grips. I have a set of those on my Black Eagle Target (1978 manufacture)
  3. kcomqg

kcomqg New Member

yes its a a100 and thanks this is the first ruger 22 pistol i have owned i have had several other models just not one of thease, i have been doing alot of looking on the net and slowly learning lol
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The BE mk 1s and Mk 1 targets are fantastic shooters. I love mine. Its the BE 6 7/8" heavy tapered target model with adjustable rear sight. It came with a Pachmayer grip specifically for the Mk 1 series with the A100 grip frame. It has rubber wraparounds front and rear and really makes for a comfortable hold on the pistol. Ebay is just about the only place ive been able to find them. Pachmayer discontinued them long ago. But they can still be found.