Grips for Colt Detective SPC

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by monocle, Jun 1, 2012.

1. monocle

monocle New Member

I have my mothers nickel-plated Colt Detective Special .38, 2 inch barrel, serial number in the 855xxx range. My wife would like to start shooting/carrying this gun, but the grips are uncomfortable. I ordered a set from Hogue, but they wouldn't fit this earlier gun. They were very good about allowing me to return the grips and refunding my money, though.

I'm wondering if anyone makes similar grips that will fit this piece?

Frank Brower
    Bangor, Alabama
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Try CDNN sports.
  3. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Frank, there were 4 generations of Detective Specials, your serial number dates to 1965, falling into the 2nd gen 1940-1971. You have the long square butt D frame. I have no idea what model of Hogue grips you had, so I can't suggest anything similar.
    Have you tried http://www.pachmayr.com ?