grips for IJ 32 S&W

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by redhawk 44, Jul 25, 2008.

1. redhawk 44

redhawk 44 New Member

I have an IJ 32 S&W in like new condition except that the right grip is broken in half.

Do any of you guys know where I can buy a set of mother of pearle grips for this little jewell?

It is not the hammerless model, I understand that the hammerless takes a slightly different grip.
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the only place i know of the find real mother of pearl grips is on the internet auctions and or gunshows. as you are already know that hammer and hammerless grips are not interchangable you should also be made aware that all iver johnson safety automatic revolvers have a slight difference in the location of the grip locating pin at the bottom of the grip frame. the only reason i can come up with is there was not a jig for drilling of the hole for this pin. this would account for the slight variations i have found in the location of the grip locating pin. with the hard rubber grips there is usually not a probllem modifing the hole in the grips this pin fits in but with real mother of pearl grips it could be.
    bill
  3. redhawk 44

redhawk 44 New Member

Thanks for the advice, I will keep it in mind.