Group Industires Uzi

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Banjo, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Banjo

Banjo New Member

Hello all,

I'm trying to track down some information on an Uzi Carbine. It's stamped Group Ind. Lou, KY 40214. I understand this to be one of a few semi-autos sold by Group Industries before they closed and their inventory was sold off to Vector in Utah. It has a light gray finish with green plastic handguard and forend. Any information at all will be most helpful.

Regards,

Banjo
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Banjo....welcome to TFF.

There's nothing about either Group Industries or Vector Arms in the Blue Book.

The 2003 Standard Catalog of Firearms has nothing under Group Industries, but there is a mention under Vector Arms:

Vector Arms, Inc., North Salt Lake, UT

UZI

This is a semi-automatic, pre-ban Uzi carbine with 18" barrel chambered for the 9mm cartridge. Receiver built by Group Industries of Louisville, KY prior to May, 1986. Reciever fixed parts manufacturing and receiver assembly by Vector Arms. Only 97 of these semi-automatic receivers were manufactured.

Pre-Ban

NIB - $1300
    Exc - $1000

Post-Ban

NIB - $1100
    Exc - $900

Hope this helps.
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi Banjo and a big WELCOME to TFF. Glad to have you aboard.

Attached Files:

4. Banjo

Banjo New Member

Thanks for the welcome,

I have both books and researched as much as I could, but I'm not sure this is the same weapon. According to the owner Vector has no record of selling the gun. The story he got from the guy *he* bought it from was that it was sold to him by an employee (or ex-employee) of Group Industries. There are no Vector markings on the gun at all, which would indicate the story might be true. I've come across vague references on the Net about Group Industries selling semi-auto's before their demise, and wonder if this might be one of them. I may end up just using the values listed in Standard Catalog, but this guy claims to have about twice that in the gun.

Any idea how I would go about confirming that it is in fact a pre-ban?

Thanks again,

Banjo