Group wants to ground Blues in San Francisco

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Jun 8, 2007.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Concerns over safety, fuel waste and noise could threaten the annual show
    From staff and wire reports
    Anti-war activists want to ban the Blue Angels' annual Fleet Week flyover in San Francisco.

Three peace advocacy groups in the city are calling for a permanent halt to the annual performance of the Navy's Pensacola-based precision flying team.

CodePink, Global Exchange and Veterans for Peace, Chapter 69, are working with Supervisor Chris Daly on a Board of Supervisors resolution expressing concerns about safety, fuel waste and noise pollution. They also are upset about the pro-military message and recruiting efforts that accompany Fleet Week, scheduled this year for Oct. 4-9.

Daly said he may introduce a resolution as early as next week that calls for permanently halting the flyovers because "they seem dangerous and unnecessary."

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070608/NEWS01/706080329/1006
  2. Don Buckbee

Don Buckbee New Member

More liberal insanity, trying to stop a tradition so they can further their liberal agenda.
    I think we should donate San Francisco to Chavez. A marriage made in hell..

Don
  3. I've said for years that the smartest thing the Navy and the rest of the military could do would be to move all operations--shipyards, personnel, aircraft, all of it--completely out of the Bay Area. Then sit back and see how those SOBs like losing that much of their gross economy. :D
  4. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

What pistolenschutze said...
  5. rowdyredneck

rowdyredneck New Member

How completely assinine. Have any of these stupid liberals ever watched the Blues perform? I just saw them about a month ago and there was a crowd of 20,000 plus people on the grounds. Traffic was backed up for miles because so many people wanted to see them. Everyone was on their feet cheering and loving every minute of it. They put on an excellent show, that was the second time I've seen them and I would readily go back.
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Indeed Pistol.

They should also pull all federal funding because of their sanctuary city policy toward the illegals.
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Agree with Pistol and Marlin T.
  8. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

I'm sitting here, reading this, wearing my Citizen Navihawk Blue Angel's Edition watch that my parent's gave me for graduating high school and wishing I had a drink to wash down the anger. We should just let the liberals do what ever the hell the they want in their country, but we have to give 'em one first. Let me suggest Baffin Island, us Canadians never use it, it's nice and big, and there's lots of fluffy seals and polar bears for them to cuddle. If they don't want to leave, I'll start my own "beans have feelings too" group and make it illegal to kill poor, defenseless beans, thus making tofu illegal (bean killing will be re-legalized after the hippies have gotten the F$@% out). Soon these bastards will want to ban war memorials and memorial parks because they are "pro-war". IDIOTS.
  9. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Baffin Island

I've been there and there is a girl behind every tree:D :D :D
  10. obxned

obxned New Member

Just paint the planes pink and then they will be PC in San Francisco.
  11. azsigman

azsigman New Member

They want to rid theselves of any reminder of the fact that there are still men and women out there with gonads and patriotism. May the entire city of SF come down with AIDS......
  12. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:( I live 40 mi. east of SF & I can't disagree with anything that has been said already.

I came to the Bay Area in '75 w/ the Navy. A lot has changed since then. The Economy has said goodby to : Treasure Island, NAS Alameda, Mare Island NSY, Concord Naval Weapons Sta, Oak Knoll Naval Hospital. NAS Moffitt Field. Don't recall if the Oakland Army Depot is still in operation. The locals have said we don't care & the jobs have gone elsewhere. Real shame.:mad:

Last year the SF school board voted out the high school ROTC, cuz it wasn't PC & despite the objections of 300 students in the program.. :(

Dianne Feinstein's husband made millions in govt. contracts & she was a principle in getting the Military out. Guess they got theirs & now screw everyone else. :mad:

Wish the "big one" would hit & get it over with. My property values would go up. :D