GUILTY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gpostal, Mar 5, 2004.

1. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

martha stewart found guilty

guess you got to commit murder to get away with anything in hollywood,mess with the cash and you go to jail

full story
  2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Those home-making skills are gonna come in handy, as her stock has been LOCKED down for trading......boo-hoo.

Will never do a day, defered adjud.....HIDE-N-WATCH

LTS
  3. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Man, I can't wait to see how she puts new decorum to vertical applications, featuring sconces and stainless steel in her new "digs".:D
  4. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

5. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

LOL.

I'm betting they've been working on those animations for months, just waiting for the news to hit the streets.
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

You took the words right out of my mouth, Sniper. :p
  7. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

well of course they had one for guilty and one for not guilty

but i was refering to the one hour ,and they where already spamming with it
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yea, poor baby! Any bets that she walks?

Attached Files:

9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I can't believe I fell for the hot wet tee shirt action thingy.......
    :rolleyes:

mike
  10. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Wrong Mike, mebbe deferred, but the sentence will be carried out. Will she do time , I'm betting she will, mebbe not what she should do, but will definitely serve time somewhere. My gess 18 months, will have to serve 85%. Any takers? Not on the lenght of time but will she or won't she? U got till June 17th to decide. We could have a pool, better than Super Bowl????:cool:
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

That....is a good idea !! :D

But June is a long ways away......

mike
  12. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

IB, your right....forgot about the federal guidelines on judges, concerning sentences. So yep.....10-18 months, but---without remorse, the jury may spank her just a little harder.

LTS
  13. Redneck2000

Redneck2000 New Member

Hey, Plano:
    How do I subscribe to that "Trailer Park Living"? Could use new possum recipes; we don't even have to catch 'em around here, just drive around a while and scoop 'em up (some still warm).
    Also got a reunion coming up...:D
  14. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Y'all have to go and find yourself a trailer part that just got hit by a tornado and find the manager. He has subscription forms only at that time. :D :D :D :D :D
  15. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

Something that has not been emphasized during this press rodeo is that she had a securities license and was a member of the New York Stock Exchange. She has been booted (expelled not resigned) from the exchange and knew exactly that what she did was illegal and immoral. She just didn't think that she would get caught.
    I would not expect her to get cut any slack...the penalties are well known for securities violations...she knew better...she should be made an example.

swede
  16. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Agree, 100%, Swede.

Were I the Jurist, the guidelines would apply in full.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  17. DemonDesert

DemonDesert New Member

Don't reckon I much agree with much of what you are saying. The way it is now, people guilty of serious, heinous crimes either walk or get paroled early because of some liberal we-are-all-victims judge/jury lets them go. There is scarcely room in prisons as it is, so bad dudes get let out early to make room for Martha??? Some justice.

So she's guilty of what? Selling stocks she knew would soon be worthless? I suppose I deserve the cell next to her, because if I found out some of my stock was about to seriously deflate, I would do the same thing. Or is the difference because she was provided a tip denied to most of the other stock holders and violated the liberal "level playing field" now in vogue? Well, there is no level playing field in this world, sorry, and so called inside traders are punished by a world resentful of people whose only real advantage is that they worked hard for it. People once were rewarded for expending energy and resources in order to gain a bit of an edge over the competition, now instead they are punished for it. If what she did was truely illegal, it ought not be.
  18. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Demon Desert....

I have to disagree.....

She was convicted of lying to the police and conspiring to mislead the investigation....not for insider trading...

I don't hold anything against someone for refusing to speak to the police, but if they do talk...especially if they don't have to...they'd better darn well be truthfull.....

Just my opinion...

mike
  19. Greg

Greg New Member

Are there better (or should I say worse) people that belong in prison-yes. Did she get a fair trial, and have the some of the most expensive legal defense at her disposal-yes. She was found guilty by a jury of her peers. That fact that the verdict was reached so fast was probably not due to the jury wanting to see her suffer and to get even in some way, but rather that the facts, as presented, were clear.

She received a big "F". Not for a grade, but for a felony. In addition to loss of her job opportunities, she now can not vote, and she now can not own a gun.

Once the line is crossed, the system takes over, and it is a tough road to hoe, even after time is served and penalties are paid. However, she will probably get a book and a movie deal over the situation.

On the other hand, I think taking it easy on someone because they gave testimony as a witness to get the "prize" leaves a lot to be desired. A felony is just that, for a reason, and people knew what they were doing.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  20. DemonDesert

DemonDesert New Member

I don't necessarily agree that she had a fair trial, but you guys are perhaps correct when you say she lied to federal investigators. And people who do that should be held accountable, no doubt about it. But I guess what mostly nettles me is that many other people, including the famous and notorious, have done the same and were NOT held accountable. How about Al Sharpton lying to police investigators and the local DA's office regarding the Twana Brawley (don't know about my spelling there) matter? Or Bill Clinton lying to federal and Congressional prosecutors and investigators? It's just that is seems to me that Stweart is being selectively punished here.

And, no, I'm not a Martha Stewart fan or anything, and I don't hold with liars. In fact, if you saw the inside of my house you would think I had never heard of her or anything remotely of the Feng Shui school.