Gun Ban?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by hogger129, May 21, 2010.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

So what's the possibility that because of Calderon, the Obama Administration will pass another Assault Weapons Ban? What's the possibility he will just outlaw all guns? He forced the Healthcare Reform Bill down our throats with resistance. I don't want to give up my means of self-defense. The Second Amendment gives me the right to defend myself and my home with an "assault" weapon doesn't it?
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

If he could have gotten something thru congress he would have. I doubt if he could get any anti-gun legislation thru either house of congress right now. With the ani-incumbent mood in the country after having healthcare stuffed down our throats congress is going to do nothing except talk. Immigration reform may be the exception as you have democrats looking for hispanic support to pull their bacon out of the fire and RINO republicans like Lindsey Graham trying to straddle the fence and "craft a compromise" aka sell out the people. November can't come soon enough.
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

He doesn't have the votes right now to pass a new AWB and he knows it. If the liberals maintain their majorities in Congress after November, then we WILL see a new AWB in 2011. Vote ALL the liberals OUT on November or we're epically boned!:mad::mad::mad:
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

They will go through the UN to accomplish their goals of more gun control.

I think ole Barry Soetoro wants to be king of the Global Liberal Utopian Government. (GLUG)
  5. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I believe they will do what all politicians do. They will NOT outlaw guns.... they will just make it impossible to get them.
  6. wpage

wpage Active Member

They are working it. Semi autos 1st.
  7. swiftman

swiftman Member

It is flying all over the internet that Hillary signed the UN Small Arms Ban treaty , but not confirmed yet. IF this is true the Assault Weapons ban is small potatoes.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I hate the term "assualt rifle"! Assault is a crime of violence against another person. Assault may also refer to the threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force. Now, would some one please define "assualt rifle" to me. Acording to the defination of asualt, if I threaten you with a stick, or stirk you with it, I have commited assualt against you.
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  9. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

What I read she set conditions for unanimous conscent to pass the agreement and most of the anti's didn't like it. Whatever they do will require ratification in the senate.
  10. wpage

wpage Active Member

All this has a long way to go.
  11. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Bad Black Gun, or BBG sounds so much better.
  12. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

No, the Second does NOT give you the right. God gave you that right. The 2nd merely recognizes, codifies and ensures that right that you have from our Creator.

Don't EVER let them tell you that rights come from government or a document.
  13. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I think that things will "change" come November. All the political adds here in CA use Washington and Barry as the enemy, as well as Babs Boxer. They all seem to be using D.C. government as the problem. I think we'll start swinging back to the right after the Nov. elections. People don't want any more of this bunch, and are going to vote them out. TJ
  14. Cliph

Cliph New Member

The Democrats will not ban guns in our lifetime. Bill Clinton admits that the AWB was the biggest mistake he ever made. It didn't limit gun deaths and it made a lot of Republicans!

As far as the BS about some international treaty limiting guns in the USA read our Constitution. In the USA, the treaty power is a coordinated effort between the Executive branch and the Senate. The President may form and negotiate a treaty, but the treaty must be advised and consented to by a two-thirds vote in the Senate. Only after the Senate approves the treaty can the President ratify it. Once a treaty is ratified, it becomes binding on all the states under the Supremacy Clause.

You won't see 2/3 of the Senate agreeing on anything these days!

Article II, Section 2 of Our Constitution, in part says:
    "He shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by law: but the Congress may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments."

The AWB has been re-introduced in every session of Congress as I recall and is sponsored by some Eastern Politicians, usually Republicans, who represent districts from with big cities where their constituents are afraid of all the innocent lives lost to big city violence.

There is a major division here between the urban and rural parts of our country. IMHO, The defence Second Amendment is a litmus test issue of the time. There is, simply put, not the political will in this country to limit the 2nd Amendment. President Calderone was not talking to us, he was speaking to his own people, those that vote for him. He did seem a little rude in his remarks here, coming into our house and criticizing how we chose to live.

I would not fear national action, but local Pols like Hizzoner Mayor Daley who always travels with armed body guards.
  15. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Take away the ammo and what good is a gun? They are working on that right now as they have in the past. The ammo here is just starting again hard to come by. They can't take away the guns, but they can sure as heck can make the ammo hard to get....and they will...that's my 2 cents worth.
  16. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    One of my niece's is married to a Deputy Sheriff here in CA. He told me to start buying ammo. I take that advice very seriously, and so should the rest of you. They won't get rid of guns, but ammo is another story. TJ
  17. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The British marched on Lexington and Concord and a few other Militia armories to seize a few cannons, bbls. of flints and powder, and the assault weapons of the day (Brown Bess muskets?).
  18. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

If that is true, stock up. Ammo stores reasonably well in a cool dry place.

I've said it on here several times, if you can still BUY ammo, it's cheap. Buy it while you can.
  19. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Agreed. Stock up while you can and if you reload, get stuff. My dealer says he is having difficulty buying quantities of powder and we all know whats happened to some primer supplies.
  20. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

I was listening to the news here last week and they had a report that gun sales are down right now because the fear of them being taken away has come down.