Gun "cleaning" by a gun smith

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by ShawnDow, Jul 13, 2012.

1. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

therewolf, you have a point, but I have co workers bringing me their pieces.. of filth! I was just trying to get an idea of what I could charge them.. mine on the other hand... get cleaned after every use, and quarterly, regardless if they have been used. I don't like dust on my guns, and I love to take them apart!
  2. USP 45

USP 45 New Member

I just got off the phone with Cole Gunsmithing - they are one of five authorized Baretta repair facilities. They charge $120 per gun but they do disassemble beyond the operator level and will inspect & replace any worn parts etc. All guns are function tested.

Any parts & repairs will be extra. I hate cleaning guns but unless I win the lottery, no way I'm going to spend $$$ for an hour or so of work. Those of you going way beyond operator level, adjust your prices accordingly.
  3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Hey, ShawnDow, my opinion stinks just as bad as

anybody else's.

Having someone else clean a gun of mine, just, well,

as far as it goes, I don't even like to let someone

else take a gun of mine out of sight, let alone have the

time to clean it...
  4. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

A small world I sent of for the pennfoster info but never did it.I was thinking about it but cant at this time but who knows what the future will bring.If i ever do Ill pick your brain first if you let me.lol:)