1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Gun Collection

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by MGR2, May 3, 2004.

1. MGR2

MGR2 New Member

My wife's best friends father passed away a couple of months ago and left her a huge (about 125) gun collection. I told her that I would try and get some information on several guns that she has. Any information will be appreciated like year and app. value. I would like to thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Thank you very much,
    Mike

Partial List: All are in excellant condition and some look unfired.

Colt M1911-MK4/70 series .45 SR#70G190**
    Colt M1911 Korean War Tribute .45 SR#27979**
    Colt AR-15 7.62X39 SR# LH0039**
    Colt AR-15 .223 SR# CH0050**
    Colt AR-15 .223 SR# SP2041**
    Colt Pump .22 rifle SR# 774**
    Ingram MAC-10 US Army SF Comm. .9mm SR# SF061*

Again, thank you for your help.
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome to TFF MGR2! I'll need the weekend to find values for them...Doc will know right off, what you have...That is a very impressive partial listing of your wife's (inheritance) collection...hope you have many safe's, if not...get some soon...they are all desirable and all worth $...:cool:
  3. MGR2

MGR2 New Member

Thanks , and I am looking forward to hearing from everyone. Right now she has them all in a spare bedroom, needless to say the room is full. When she got them they were all loaded so I went over and unloaded them for her. you wouldn't believe the amount of ammo that come out of this collection.

Mike
  4. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

The Colt Mk IV/70, $700-$800 in mint condition. Boxes are a big plus. That gun was made in 1972.

Both 'America Remembers' and the 'American Historical Foundation' have issued Korean War Tribute pistols. The AR issue uses a Colt as the basic pistol where the AHF uses an Auto-Ordnance. Issue price on the AR Korean War Tribute pistol is $1700, but they will not bring near that on resale. Any significant handling or firing even one magazine through the gun cuts the value by >50%. Market is very, very soft for these, even softer than true factory-issue commemoratives.

The Colt R6830 Lightweight Sporter in 7.62x39 is pre-ban c.1992 (blue label box). Recent sales of excellent to like-new-with-box pieces have been $1200-$1700.

The Colt R6700 Competition HBAR is also pre-ban. Should have a blue-label box. With box and accessories, $1200-$1500.

The AR-15 Sporter II is pre-ban, late 1980's, should be a green-label box. These sell from $900-$1500 depending on condition.

Need more information on the Colt Lightning Small-Frame. If I have identified it correctly, it was manufactured c.1903. These are highly collectable and an individual appraisal based on that particular rifle's condition and any special order features would be necessary.

The MAC-10 SF Commemorative is a Stephensville TX gun, which does hurt it somewhat. I am not sure if it is an SWD-completed pistol or not. I have seen these offered at $3K with no takers, I'd imagine $1500 would be a better number. Again, VERY soft market and must be NIB with all accessories for the big premium.
  5. MGR2

MGR2 New Member

I truly thank you for taking the time to help me. It's comforting to know that there are peolple like you that would take the time to help a stranger in need. It confirms my belief that 99.99999% of gun owner are honest caring and considerate people. Rest assured that when the time comes for me to start selling her firearms collection that you will be on my A+ list with an equal amount of consideration given to you for pricing and availability. It may be a couple of months before this happens but you will be hearing from me so that I can send you a list of guns and if there are a couple that you are interested in WE WILL MAKE A DEAL.

Again, thank you very much.
    Mike
  6. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Depending on where you are, I can travel there to make a deal on the whole lot.

Email me here: The Country Gunsmith