Gun Confiscation

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Poppypaul, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Poppypaul

Poppypaul Member

I was sent the following infomation. I have checked it out with Snopes and it appears to have merit. Snopes argues with some of the increases being in percentages but seems to accept the basic premise. It is rather frightening. Also, why would a government disarm it's citizens and PAY to do so with the money from those very citizens except to have an upper hand over them under certain circumstances. Here is the email I received:

Australian Gun Law Update

Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts....

Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,

Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are gua ranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns....' You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!

Will you be one of the sheep to turn yours in? WHY? You will need it.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Mate thats 2002.. nowdays gun crime is restricted info , ABS ( Australian beureu of statistics , dont list the full figures , "middle eastern crime" is not listed

home invasions info are hard to find but my own notes so far this year for 1 state is 540+

also from the law change came 250,000 folks becoming criminals over the next few years after.. folks who went to grand dad's house and found a unlicenced gun where charged , illegal possession, a kid who found a air rifle at a tip , traded it to another kid for a bike , both got 5 years for illegal weapons sale and transfer and usage ..

I was in Cambodia at the time but i had a US mate and i got my girlfriend to arrainge a backdated sale of many of mine and they where allowed out of the country , stateing i was suppose to ship them upon my return from tour ..

but i lost many , ruger 10/22's AK's Colt AR (CAR-15) HKMp5, RPD's, Valmet AK clones,
    and a few years later they limited hand gun numbers , so yet again i tried to save a few and sell off what i could , ended up having the gov buy back 11

then they cracked down on home safes ,

they come to your place , they watch you leave for work , they go to the door , they say hi to your wife and show her the inspection order , and ask her for the keys to the safe

if she hands em to the cops your busted , unless the wife has a licence and is listed for access to the safe ... if she aint licenced , your busted , guns confiscated , fined and a criminal record , often , gaoled from 2-5 years , and because its a gun owner , you know its a first offence ... cannot have any violent , drug , or class 3 crime or worse and have a licence , drink driving is a class 3 crime ..

oh if you get diagnosed PTSD, they cancel your licence , aint Veterans Affairs here wonderful , they DO notify .. as do all federal agencies ...

funny thing is there way more gun crime here now , up 4000% was one estimate by a new paper here
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

It's a no-brainer. Same as for Texas. More gun carrying by honest citizens = less crime. Proven FACT.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I dont know what is up bozo's sleeve but i know he has something. he is gona wait till the last min before he is ousted to sign an ex order of some sort. I dont know what we are in for but i tell you its coming.
  5. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

There would certainly be a Constitutional Challenge to anything he would try to pull like that and I am fairly sure he would not have that power anyway. Congress, I am not so sure about. This election will be critical EVERYONE MUST VOTE !!
  6. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Getting the states to enforce gun turn ins is another story. Quite a few states now refuse to enforce certain fed laws. I don't foresee people turning their guns in, I see the govt having problems at it and they are over their heads with problems already.

Fast & furious is seen for what it is, an attack on the Nation's Gun Owners by Obama. When this crime works it way out prior to the 2012 election, the Dems are going to be meek as church mice.

Maybe I just live in a conservative state. If I lived in Mass or Dele or Maryld or in a big city ethnic Ghetto; I would view it differently; but I choose not to live that nightmare.
  7. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Criminals prefer unarmed victims.
  8. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

There was what I think was a pretty accurate TV documentary on last evening. I think it was called Guns In America. I believe it has been on before. It showed a huge gun-fest in Kentucky and gang violence in Camden,N.J. IMHOP the message was, guns are a part of America, guns don't kill, people do and if you ban guns, the only ones who will have them are cops and robbers.
  9. coachwill

coachwill Forum Sponsor

Fast & Furious is not the problem. It is just the latest problem; if someone pulls up the cash to really do something about the gun laws in the US then they need to go back and sue the US Government over the findings in the supreme court appeal of United States v. Miller.

I don't know all the law particulars but I know that you can't retry a case that has already gone before the Supreme Court but you could probably get a lawsuit to overturn the National Firearms Act of 1934 which would (I believe) nullify all the federally enacted firearms laws and regulations that have been passed since then.

Personally I think that gun control is in the users hand...meaning can you safely hit the target at which you are aiming.
  10. skyfire1

skyfire1 New Member

Sad thing is it could happen here, if we are not alert. Make sure you vote in 2012 for those who support and defend our rights and not those that want you to be part of the nanny/state.
  11. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

The Bullies (Congress) never wants the people to be able to fight back. Cuz, like Gaddafi and the rest of the criminals in leadership positions of power never want to have to face any justice. Look at the rukus that the Congresswoman from Arizona caused when a citizen took a shot at her (It was more likely caused by the media over reporting). Maybe, if our leaders in power could have that power easily taken from them that they might act more in our interests.
  12. vytoland

vytoland New Member

it'll be cold day in hell when we are forced to surrender our firearms!!!:D
  13. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

From what I continue to hear & read, it's going the other way folks. Gun ownership is at it's highest since early 90's and seventy some percent of the people don't want gun control. Across the border in Canada they destroying all the records of gun ownership so some future govt can't reinvent gun control there and spend another billion to do it.

I just don't see people rolling over and giving up guns en-mass. There's some things people just won't stand for. When laws get too nutty, people just ignore them. In the USA, gun ownership is Americana, at least where I call home. They might as well try boarding up the churches by decree, ya right.

Fed gun laws are not enforced in many states, been that way for quite a few years too.

I think too many people are way off base on this gun control confiscation fear.
  14. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Remember "Executive Orders". We may be going there.
  15. Juker

Juker New Member

It's important to remember that the USA is the only country with gun ownership protected as a right in its Constitution. Other countries have been able to change laws, but that oh-so-pesky Second Amendment won't be repealed.

Having seen so many test cases in other countries that have banned gun ownership, it is just impossible for me to believe that gun owners would turn in their guns, no matter what laws are passed. Maybe that's the "good" Obama has done, and why God allowed him into the POTUS seat for four years - to awaken America to the very real dangers within.

I've asked this question before, and I'll ask it again... Would ANYONE here turn in their guns because some law got passed? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Didn't think so.