Gun Digest collectors??

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by LetMGrow, Jan 30, 2010.

1. LetMGrow

LetMGrow New Member

I am new here and am wondering if anyone on here collects "Gun Digest " books. I have the complete collection of books from 1944 to 2010. I display these proudly.
    Anyone else collect these?
    Lynn
  2. jondar

jondar New Member

I have a few Digests, but don't collect them. However; I do collect old American Rifleman magazines and have some back to the 1940's. People who read the AR's today don't realize how much better they were before the 1968 Gun law came into being. I find them at thrift stores, church basement sales, used book stores and other places.
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

They are a excellent source of data. It would be interesting to look at the 40's vs the new stuff. I have one or 2 issues and they do come in handy...
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get the entire set, but not as a "collection". They are good reference material, and the ones I have I don't display, but instead have then on my library shelves, along with Hatcher's Notebook and the Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson, and Smith's Small Arms of the World, and things of that nature.
  5. LetMGrow

LetMGrow New Member

I have 40 or more Gun Digests that aren't part of the display collection.
    These are duplicates I aquired when I bought several at a time to get good copies. Often I would replace one I already had with another in better condition. My collection is nearly pristine.
    I have an original 1944 and a reprint 1944 both in good shape as well as many other older books.
    Somewhere I have a list.
    Frankly some of these I paid a lot of money for. You kinda get hooked on something like this.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I have two 1911 ones that I'm borrowing from one of my friends at work