Gun free residential area's ?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Dec 6, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i was waiting for the late news here and saw the tale end of a show about giant pumpkins , and this guy stated his gated community bans all gun's so he could not shoot a wood chuck that attacked his giant pumpkins .

seems they have contracts that YOU FORFEIT YOUR HOME if you bring a gun into the gated community , is this real?

can they do that ? what about your constitutional rights ? can a real estate purchase void your rights now ??

i found it rather disturbing ..

was this just TV BS or can this be real ?
  2. whirley

whirley New Member

Probably T.V. B.S. written by people who live in another world. Obviously the writer never heard of Conibear traps. The subject lives there by choice and agreed to their rules. I wonder if their security people are armed? Is it a ripe plum, ready to be plucked? Sounds like the writer was inhaling an illegal substance. Perhaps written for future episodes?
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

Guns are scary and kill people and stuff and that is why I would like never never ever own one because they are like dangerous.

When homes are forfeited, only woodchucks will have pumpkins.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's true, but it would not surprise me.

If you drive onto a military base, there is a sign that says your car can be searched. No warrant necessary. By driving on the base, you are giving them permission to search. Don't want to give that permission? Stay off the base.

There are "homeowner's associations" that have all kinds of stupid rules. My boss bought a house and spent another 15 grand having a tool shed/workshop built in the back yard. Then another couple of grand having it torn down, after he lost the case in court. Homeowner's Association said "No Outbuildings". To buy a house in that neighborhood, he had to sign the paper, signing away his rights to do what he wanted with his own property. Things pop up from time to time, about this veteran or that veteran flying a flag in his front yard, and the Homeowner's Association making him take it down. Whenever that gets posted on a board, everyone gets real upset, but he knew he couldn't do it. He signed the paper giving the rules, before he moved in.

So, yeah, if he signed that agreement, prior to moving in, he waived his right to have a gun there. If he did not want to give up that right, all he had to do was NOT move in.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

I live in a gated community, they tried to set thier own speed limits, hired someone with a radar gun to hand out tickets and fines, thet got sued immediately, and that put and end to the BS quickly,
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ok , you folks have the second , but can sign it away ?

here i may not have as many rights but what i have cant be signed away inalienable rights are that, cannot be taken away even if you sign something ..

so i'd take em on based on the word inalienable.. forget laws, get a dictionary ..
  7. Juker

Juker New Member

Jack, I can't find any mention of this story online.

I've been thinking of starting my own gated community, but among the many things that would be banned, guns wouldn't be on the list. :)

Could be much ado about nothing - no covenant can dictate what you have in your home, and they certainly can't make your forfeit your residence. The majority of such covenants are to keep people from turning their yards into trash dumps, to maintain the appearance of respectability.
  8. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

so what if all homeowner's associations banned guns? where could you live that you could have one(without the hassle of shooting the people coming to take them, that is!)? is there zoning for gated communities/homeowner's associations, or could they make it so that you literally can't live anywhere and own a gun?
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

its a TV documentary on giant vegetables i watched last night not online

some place in NY state
  10. Juker

Juker New Member

:lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

In a world gone crazy...
    Where woodchucks roam free ...
    Where giant vegetables threaten our very existence ...
  11. Juker

Juker New Member

Jack, was this it?

Attached Files:

12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

narr giant vege's threaten no-one but other giant vege growers

you folks grow giant pumpkins this year i'm hoping to have 3-4 200lb plus watermelons

and there aint no rabbits gonna get anywhere near em ( the skins yeah as i hang em on the fence near me melon patch)
  13. Juker

Juker New Member

A-ha.

Could've been a lot of things - maybe he liked to shoot his shotguns in the air on New Year's Eve, the neighbors complained, he was arrested, and he blamed the HOA.

Or maybe he was drunk on camera.
  14. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Couldn't imagine gun free zones in Alaska. Every rural school, wife and I have been at; they always have a tough time getting the locals to not walk in school with pistol on belt. Actually, it's not enforced as more trouble than worth. Probably not that way in urban areas though.
  15. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Why, HE could take care of those woodchucks with a Lil Ole sling shot, but he should be able to use a high powered pellet rifle, they'd probably freak on that too.

It really depends on the contract he signed when he agreed to live in the gated community. Any retro-active contracts should be null and void.

If he had a silencer na, na, na, that's too risky.
  16. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever New Member

Maybe this is a dumb question. But are not the homeowners associations run by the home owners? Would this not be any different than signs in places that dont allow concealed weapons on premises? If a group of people decide to live in one place and limit their own rights, isnt that their right?

This reminds me of some news worthy issues in the recent past.

Homeowners association didnt allow any flagpoles or displaying of any flags. So they go to court over someone that wants to display the state or US flag.

Homeowners association didnt allow parking of certain makes of vehicles outside. The homeowner purchased a brand new F-series pickup. Since it was not on the approved list of acceptable vehicles(Caddy, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes etc) he went to court.

If you sign something, its worth reading the fine print, always.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  17. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

you do have a point. what i'm worried about is where homeowner's associations are allowed to exist. can any neighborhood form one? or are there special zonings that are required? my main fear is that every single residential area in the country could eventually come under the jurisdictions of HOAs and that each one could or would ban guns.
  18. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If a bunch of people get together and decide they want their neighborhood "like this", so they form a "homeowner's association", and make you join the association and agree to abide by its rules, prior to buying a house in the neighborhood, that's one thing.

But if I already owned a house in that neighborhood, and they came to me and told me they had formed this association and I needed to sign the form and abide by the rules, I'd tell 'em to go piss up a rope

Something formed after the fact does not apply.