Gun newbie looking at ruger P95

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zene, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Bushhog57

Bushhog57 New Member

Hey Mtnboomer.. still got those mags? are they factory.. I could use a couple more.
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I've never owned a Ruger myself, and I still have yet to sample one on the range, but it seems like most of the members here give them a thumbs up.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I'd also add in that they probably like the fact that it's lightweight which makes it easier to carry as a duty piece, holds a high amount of rounds, and can be drawn and fired quickly without having to disengage a thumb safety. I'm sort of indifferent towards Glocks. They aren't my favorite, but it's better than nothing. I can shoot them well, so I'd carry one if that was my only choice. However, the 1911 is still my preferred weapon.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i'd carry a rock or a club it if was my only choice.. but there are few weapons i'd choose over a glock. a 1911 is one of those weapons.

my next choice after glock and 1911 would probably be a ruger
  5. Phil In Idaho

Phil In Idaho New Member

I love how passionite people are about their guns. Hang out on the Rugar forums and will can froth about Rugars. Same for the Glock, XD, 1911, Kimber whatever forums. At the end of the day you have to answer a few questions for yourself. A) How does it feel for you. B) Does it fit your needs. C) Is it reliable. D) How accurate is it for YOU. E) Does it make your heart go pitter patter.

Guns are like women. They feel good when you first play with them but in the end you will have to put up with something from them.