1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

GUN OF THE DAY "COLT SYSTEMA" 1927 / 1911-A1

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/1/02 4:58:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    GUN OF THE DAY "COLT SYSTEMA" 1927 / 1911-A1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's what I'm into lately, the glass was a little
    dirty on the scanner when I scanned it but this
    piece is in mint condition with not only the Argentine
    crest on the slide but there is also a crest on the
    right side of the trigger itself, out of the 10 or so
    hand picks we've sold so far I have yet to have
    seen another with a crest on the trigger, and an
    odd looking crest at that.

TFF VMBB Email Tac

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/1/02 10:17:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: GUN OF THE DAY "COLT SYSTEMA" 1927 / 1911-A1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's purty Tac - I was afraid I'd get all these looks at one and have to have one.

Safe first though.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/2/02 6:56:28 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: GUN OF THE DAY "COLT SYSTEMA" 1927 / 1911-A1
    This is interesting - I wonder what the story on the trigger crest is. Could it be a later arsenal replacement?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/2/02 7:55:25 am)
    "T", if you can afford one, get one. These are the biggest bargain in a quality "shooter" .45.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/2/02 1:23:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Bob,

I don't think so, I believe the whole pistol is original,
    a friend told me it could have been issued to secret
    police, not sure.

I must say that I like them as much as my Ithaca 1911-A1!

T, X is right, get one when you can, just try to get one before
    the last shipment runs out and the prices go up if you can.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/2/02 4:08:58 pm)
    Interesting, where did you get it, and what was the cost? I have one that was refinished, I got it from cruffler.com. That's a good looking gun and the crest on the slide is pretty cool...

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/2/02 6:37:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    GRJ,

I've been getting mine(hand picked)from SOG, almost
    every one is unique and all are in excellent condition
    and original, I buy them 4-5 at a time almost on a weekly basis and they take care of me pretty well, I have that
    one and 4 more in stock now and each one is crisp, unique
    and original, a couple have no markings except for the Colt
    Systema words and numbers, one is Bueno Aires Police marked, another is marked with their army markings and
    the other above in this thread with markings that are rare
    and not too well known. These pieces have been moving
    very fast for me and I have no problem moving the ones
    I get for $425.00.

TFF VMBB Email Tac

Edited by: Tac401 at: 5/3/02 7:15:30 pm

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/3/02 10:12:00 am)
    My only experience with SOG was a bad one, so I've been reluctant to order from them again. Are you saying that the hand picked ones have universally been really nice?

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/3/02 10:48:31 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Yes, the HP's have all been top notch, in fact anything
    I order from them is an HP only, even if it doesn't have
    HP next to an item I tell them I want HP, I've been
    dealing with them on and off for over 10-years now
    and I know better than to order nothing but HP's
    from them, stick with that policy and you should do
    alright!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (5/8/02 4:28:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    After all this talk of Sistema's, I just could not take it anymore and ordered one from SOG today along with a few other firearms and items(I think I need help). I asked them about whether hand pick was really worth it on these or not and I was told that they are all very nice. Then SOG went on to say that when these came in they were sorted then into two piles. SOG said I had a better chance of getting one in a little nicer condition(maybe) if I choose HP. So I decided since it is a high end pistol that hand pick was the way I should go.

I hope I get a neat looking one with the colors on the slide like you have TAC. I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/8/02 4:36:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Next time email me first and I'll tell you who to speak to!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/8/02 8:17:13 pm)
    Gun junky, gun junky - Flhunter is a gun junky!!!!! Gotta have a fix!!!! Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee!!!! Gotta have, I'm itchin' all over, my mouth is dry, my hands are shakin'!!!

GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS

YYEEEEHHHAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the feeling. Right now I am trying to figure out how to make the house mortgage payment since I have roached the budget this month.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (5/8/02 9:08:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    You got that right!!! It just don't feel right if I go a week or so with-out getting something new in. It's almost like being an alcoholic. After a few drinks your fine, but as soon as the buzz(newness) wears off you just gotta have another. Or in other words, after eating a large meal and then swearing that you're gonna start the new diet tomorrow. But when tomorrow comes around and the hunger sets in(newness wears off) your back to eating again. Only to swear afterwards that tomorrow you'll start that new diet for sure this time. But when tomorrow comes around.....

Help!!!!

Oh no...there's that SOG flyer tempting me again....

Boogalou
    (5/10/02 11:04:04 am)
    That's the problem with collecting... once you get one you're already thinking about the next one. I've got a CZ75 on the way and I'm already trying to figure out how to pay for my next acquisition! Let's see, should I get a Sistema next, or go for the Star Super B at AIM. Wait a minute, Sarco has those Super A's....and there is that nice model B on the auction site.

stanmail
    (5/14/02 12:50:07 am)
    My C&R FFL arrived May 6 or 7, and I was enthusiastic to order a "Colt Systema" from SOG (after 30 min on the web figuring out who SOG is). I did my homework and looked into the brief history of Argentine .45 cal autos:
    www.sightm1911.com/lib/hi...lester.htm
    The problem was that SOG's add did not clearly specify whether they were selling the "Colt Systema" or the "Ballester-Molina" predecessor, ie: Colt 1911A1 clone or Colt 1911A1 copy. Today I noticed that SOG has deleted references to "Colt Systema" which was what I want and what I ordered, and now it reads "Ballester-Molina" only.
    I've got my fingers crossed until the order arrives. Maybe this explains why they were sorted into two piles. $210 is great for the Systema, but just OK for the other. SOG has never let me down before, right?

Stan

stanmail
    (5/14/02 3:13:08 pm)
    Sho 'nuff, the Systemas are sold out. But SOG will put orders on backorder, noteing that last time they were on back order it took 2 1/2 years for them to get in. No problema.
    They said that the Ballister Molinas are really nice, and I'm mulling over that alternative.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/14/02 3:53:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Stan,

Stick with the Colt Sistema, the reason they are
    sorted into two piles is one pile is the hand picked
    pile and the other is standard but they are not
    "Ballister Molinas", Sistema's are considerably
    more than Ballista's.

You can also purchase the Sistema direct from
    the importer at www.jldenter.com/JLD Pi...20page.htm or here www.cruffler.com/JLD.html
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/14/02 4:52:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I believe the last boat load has arrived or it will very
    soon!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (5/14/02 9:35:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Here's a couple of pictures of the handpicked Sistema I received from SOG. Both the frame and slide showed some serious sanding, both of the left grip screw bushings were stripped out at the frame, the bore looked like it was from a mini-shotgun(near zero rifling). Needless to say, this pistol has already been returned. I also think that SOG stole my $10 when I ordered this pistol. There is simply no way this was a Hand-Picked piece.

JLD will be getting some more in, in about a week. Since it was obvious that SOG purchased their's thru them, I will order my next one from JLD.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/14/02 10:20:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    My hand picks are perfect when I get them, man FL was
    this a recent order? Because they were down low on
    stock recently and there were NO HP's left, that one
    I'm sorry to say is a peice of crap and definately NOT
    an HP. FL, Cruffler.com or SOG is the way to go, I've seen
    more negative reports than positive with direct orders
    from JLD.

Gotta speak with one of the right folks when ordering
    from SOG.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Edited by: Tac401 at: 5/15/02 1:09:37 am

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (5/15/02 3:14:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Tac, It was ordered 5-08-02 shipped on 05-09-02 and arrived 05-10-02. When I called SOG on the 10th I asked about an exchange and was told that they were sold out of Sistema's. The JLD box it arrived in had a small red "HP" written on it.

If you ask me, SOG was out of their "HP's" when I ordered this pistol and instead of doing the right thing, they decided to keep the $10 and send me what you see above.

I have a few problems with the other items I ordered also.

The Black powder rifle has a tiger stripe(light spots) on the barrel running the entire length including the receiver. Looks horrible!!(advertised as new)

The M44 sling is so nasty that it might hit the garbage can. Plus it's missing the keepers. (What do ya expect for $6, I guess)

The best of the bunch is a 1888 commission rifle, it's only problem is the barrel is rusted shut.(came as advertised)

I normally stand behind SOG with their great customer service and return policy, but to be honest with you, I am just getting plain tired of receiving junk.

Please tell me who do I need to talk to? If memory serves, I think Nancy took the above order from me.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 7:12:05 am)
    Wow - I haven't ordered anything from SOG for awhile, but they have always done me right in the past. It sounds like they may be getting to the bottom of the barrel on a lot of their stocks. The last thing I got from them was some Polish M44s - they looked great, but were in Hungarian stocks.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/15/02 12:21:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    FL,

Email on the way!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/16/02 8:20:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    If anyone would like to know who to deal with at SOG
    and what to tell them when you call, feel free to shoot
    me an email, I'd be happy to be of assistance to you
    if I can however, this only concerns the Sistema's,
    nothing else and of course it's only friendly advice,
    I can't guarantee anything I can only offer up a few
    suggestions!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Edited by: Tac401 at: 5/16/02 10:40:45 pm

Page 1 2 << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>