Gun of the Day

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

RobC in Missouri
    (11/9/01 12:21:31 am)
    Reply Gun of the Day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's one you don't see everyday....

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/9/01 4:40:50 pm)
    Reply Re: Gun of the Day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No it's not...Thanks for sharing !

warpig883
    (11/9/01 5:06:04 pm)
    Who made it?
    custom signature

RobC in Missouri
    (11/9/01 5:49:40 pm)
    That's an original Sharps 4 barrel derringer in .22 short, I believe. To load, you press the button at the bottom near the muzzle and slide the barrels forward. Each time the hammer was cocked, the firing pin would rotate to fire the round in the next barrel.

That one belonged to a friend of mine who had me sell it for him. IIRC, the originals were last manufactured in 1876 or so.

RobC in Missouri

remingtongeo
    (11/22/01 5:33:12 am)
    Reply That's my dress gun.
    Being from the fine state of Indiana, which trusts its' citizens, I have been carrying that little honey for many years. My dad gave me that sweet 22 short baby in 1975. Thanks dad.

I use it only when I get into my "Sunday go to meeting" clothes. She is a sweet little shooter. You are right, press the button and the barrels move forward. It has to be on half cock to load or unload. The neatest thing about it is the roating firing pin in the hammer.