1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Gun remark makes outdoorsman an outcast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pawn, Feb 24, 2007.

1. pawn

pawn Active Member

WTF ? :mad:

SEATTLE - Modern hunters rarely become more famous than Jim Zumbo. A mustachioed, barrel-chested outdoors entrepreneur who lives in a log cabin near Yellowstone National Park, he has spent much of his life writing for prominent outdoors magazines, delivering lectures across the country and starring in cable TV shows about big-game hunting in the West.

Zumbo's fame, however, has turned to black-bordered infamy within America's gun culture -- and his multimedia success has come undone. It all happened in the past week, after he publicly criticized the use of military-style assault rifles by hunters, especially those gunning for prairie dogs.

"Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity," Zumbo wrote in his blog on the Outdoor Life Web site. The Feb. 16 posting has since been taken down. "As hunters, we don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them. . . . I'll go so far as to call them 'terrorist' rifles."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17307316/?GT1=9033
  2. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:eek: We beat this dead horse already, Pawn.
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Yea, where you been feller?

It's been beat purty bad at that.
  4. pawn

pawn Active Member

ok guys.....
  5. Don't don't sweat it pawn. At least you posted something you believed of interest to everyone, and that shows you want to participate. Hope to see your posts around the boards often. :)
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Don't give up, Pawn. :) You miss a day here, & it takes you an hour of reading to catch up! Don't be a stranger:)
  7. Mark

Mark New Member

Thank you for the link Pawn.

Guys, if you don't go to the link Pawn provided, you are missing a chance to see how the news media reported this incident.
    MSNBC writes there are "tens of thousands of assault weapon owners", when actually there are millions. MILLIONS!!!

MSNBC also lends a bias to the story about a guy with a mustache living in a log cabin. They want people to feel sorry for Dumbo.

They also report "he appologized all over himself". I read the apology, IMO all it was was an excuse. Who hunts in 60 MPH winds?
    Here's a thought. It's too windy to hunt today, let's go to the tavern. Maybe it was PWI, (posting while intoxicated).

In his blog, and in the apology, Dumbo has portrayed himself quite differently than MSNBC has.

Pawn, if it weren't for this post, I don't think I would have had a chance to see what the national media thought. Thank you.
    Mark
  8. pawn

pawn Active Member

hey guys, i very much enjoy participating in firearms forum.

thanks for the encouragement! :)

-pawn
  9. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Don't let us ol pharts put you off, Pawn.
    You'll catch us missin out on things now & again too.

Welcome to the TFF sir. Post Away!!
  10. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Thanks for the link Pawn.