GUN SAFE: Stand Alone Version Now Available!

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

DarkStar11Redux
    (1/20/02 2:27:15 am)
    | Edit | Del All GUN SAFE: Stand Alone Version Now Available!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here You Go! I didn't expect to get the Stand Alone version out until February, but here it is.

www.somanyroads.org/gunsafe/

A different Core Files Only version is also available.

If you have trouble accessing it, it is probably because I just switched servers yesterday and all the DNS stuff may not have yet propogated through the Internet. If you still have trouble accessing it after Monday, please post here or e-mail me and let me know.

All sugestions are welcome. Enjoy!

shooter22
    (1/20/02 2:55:32 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: GUN SAFE: Stand Alone Version Now Available!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can I copy this(the stand alone version) to a cd-r disk and run it from there?

Edited by: shooter22 at: 1/20/02 2:56:06 am

DarkStar11Redux
    (1/20/02 3:02:57 am)
    I never tried it but here is my theory: Yes, you could "run" it from there, BUT you could not add anything to the database from there. When you type something into a field and exit that field via tabbing or mouse click, it will attempt to write that data to the database. If it cannot write it, it will not work. Since CD-RW's function differently from hard drives, I'd say "Nope".

You could probably run it from a RAM Disk, but when you powered off your computer, it would all be lost.

DarkStar11Redux
    (1/21/02 11:23:00 pm)
    Just in case anybody downloaded it, there is now a newer version that corrects 1 major (inability to add images!) and several minor (display) bugs. You can now also import/export data, and more easily move around between various apps that you may have open.
    :)

shooter22
    (1/21/02 11:31:57 pm)
    Where do we get the newer fixed version?

DarkStar11Redux
    (1/21/02 11:36:03 pm)
    Sorry, it is at: www.somanyroads.org/gunsafe/