Gun Safe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kidder86, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Kidder86

Kidder86 New Member

Hey all,

I've been lurking here for a few months and decided to join. I know there are a bunch of knowledgeable guys and girls on this forum and wanted to get some opinions about getting a gun safe.

As of right now I have one pistol, two rifles, and two shotguns that mostly stay at my parents house in the gun safe there, however it is a pain to go there to retrieve the guns to go to the range to shoot. Their house is only 30 minutes away, but that is 30 minutes less at the range.

I would like a good safe that I would like to keep for the rest of my life and when my collection gets big enough buy another safe to house the additional guns in my collection.

I would like at least an hour fire rating, 1" diameter locking bolts, and capacity for 25-30 guns.

Through my online research I have found two safes that I feel would meet my requirements.

The first is the signature series from Cabelas.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...Liberty/751858.uts?WTz_l=Unknown;cat109548180

The second is the Browning Silver from Bass Pro Shops.
    http://www.basspro.com/Browning-Silver-27Gun-FireResistant-Safe/product/10213082/64260

Does any members of the members around here have any opinions or suggestions in my safe selection.
  2. geds

geds New Member

Welcome to the forum from the Heart of Dixie! Both of your choices are nice safes. I really like my Liberty safe and was able to pick it up cheaper because it had a scratch (on the back of it).
  3. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

welcom to the forum. just remember make shure you know where you want it. Dam things ar heavy, you dont want to move it more then once.:D
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Go to ebay and find the guy who sells pioneer safes. I will only say this once. You will not find a better, stronger, higher rated safe with as many 1" bolts for the same price ANYWHERE. If you buy anything else you have paid too much. OK, I even went and looked up his ebay user name for you. Its marc17522. If you want to save a thousand dollars or more and get a better safe than what you have listed above, go take a look. He has a 33 gun 1300 degree 1 hr fire rated safe with 9 1 1/2" bolts on a 1/4' thick door for $998.00 DELIVERED! This is a better safe than either of those you have listed above.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  5. Kidder86

Kidder86 New Member

Double D, that is a helluva deal I will be looking this guy up when I have the funds to buy the safe, for now it will be a trip home to retrieve my guns when I go to the range.

mk
  6. joel6180

joel6180 New Member

Good info, thanks DD. Joel
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Check out amsec safes. They are great safes. A word of caution but a safe 3 to4 time bigger than you think you need.
  8. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Link: http://stores.ebay.com/Pioneer-Safe

Good stuff!

Thanks for the tip DD.
  9. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I'm sitting here in the recliner with an ice pack on my right knee the result of moving my safe from one end of the house to the other today. it ain't moving again!! :thud: