Gun sales along the gulf coast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deputy Dawg, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

This is a story from the Victoria Advocate 9/12/05. Customers angered by halted gun sales along the Gulf Coast. Baton Rouge La. As fearfull residents rush to stock up on guns,Wal-Mart,one of the regions biggest suppiers,abruptly stopped selling them at 40 stores scattered thoughout the Gulf Coast.The move infuriated some Wal-Mart customers in this fiercely progun region,some who said the big chain left them without protection as the violence increased after Hurricane Katrina.We had a lot of caos,said Donald Goff,who was sitting in a white pickup outside a local Wal-Mart store. They should be open to sell guns.They should not be doing this to people.Smaller stores are eagerly filling the void.Spillway Sportman near Baton Rouge, sold 172 gun in one three day period,after the hurricane, when they normally might sell 15.One mother came in to buy her first gun after she her two children ages 9 and 12 witnessed a slaying on the streets of New Orleans, said Scott Roe ,Spillway's owner.Her comment was .I was a card-carring antigun liberal- not any more,Roe said "she said, "i am going back home , and i am not going back unarmed"........................................................................................... To bad it took somehing like this to make her realize the importants of gun owner ship. May be this should happen to all liberals. I hope these people support there local gun shops now instead of Wal-Mart.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Wow. That is a powerful testament. It's funny how the ideology of liberals always falls apart when faced with reality.

This is another reason I hate Wal Mart.
  3. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

Deputy Dawg,

I get the Advocate and read that article. This is why I choose to pay a little more and buy my guns from a local gun dealer and let WallyWorld do without my dollars.

I live just north of Victoria and have already seen some of the problems with the folks coming from Louisana to our fair state. I was in a fast food resturaunt in Houston last week and overheard a woman complaining about the living conditions here in her FREE Texas shelter. I looked her in the eye and she said :WHAT? You got somethin to say???". I said "Louisana is that way, pointing to the east, and you are welcome to go home and complain, but while a GUEST of the State of Texas, I would suggest that you keep your mouth shut. Someone, not as nice as me, might take offense to your remarks and help you go home!!!
    She spun around and stormed out of the resturant and I was then met with a thunderous applause from the other patrons.
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Way to go Tex! Nice going! :D :D :D
  5. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Tex we are having some of the same problems here in Pensacola Fl. while we are still trying to recover from our two storms. I have friends and family that still haven't settled with FEMA and the insurance companies but are now being ignored for the folks from LA. I feel for them but they shouldn't be put in the front of the lines over here.
    sorry I just needed to vent a little.
  6. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

It seems that this backlash against New Orleans refugees is becoming more and more prevalent. Their welfare mentality is unwelcome in most places they go, but they don't care. They figure that everyone around the nation owes them something. It's starting to get us regular folks angry. We're also seeing a lot of crimes happening with these people. I read a report yesterday of a New Orleans refugee who wandered into a neighborhood and chased down a 14-year old girl trying to rape her. Luckily, she got away and called the police, who arrested him. Here in San Antonio, the local radio station is reporting numerous break-ins around the areas where the shelters are located, in otherwise safe neighborhoods that have never had any problems.

America really wants to feel sorry for these people and help them in their time of need. But with the attitude they display and the fact that many of them are not respecting our laws, it seems that the general opinion is that they need to go somewhere else.
  7. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

It's really a shame that they are so ungrateful and beligerent. We owe them nothing!!! Then they wonder why good people are so unwilling to help. "burn me once and your the fool but burn me twice and I'm the fool"!!!

I can remember, as a child when we were traveling, my parents would stop and give a decent looking hitchiker a ride somewhere. This day & time you don't even slow down to take a look at them.

I can remember not having to lock the windows & doors when we left the house......not any more. The only reasons for keeping loaded guns in the house was for varmints that would wander into the yard and chase the chickens or cats. I now have a CHL and carry everywhere I go, even when I am out in my own yard.

The world is a very diferent place now.
  8. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Thanks Tex. for setting her straight.If these people are not greatfull,they can go back to where they came from.