Gun scrub? Ever heard of it?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by ZEPHYR, Nov 6, 2004.

1. ZEPHYR

ZEPHYR New Member

I have a hunting buddy that swears by this stuff. He says anytime he gest a muddy or fould gun he just srpays this stuff down th barrela and its clean as a wistle.

Gun Scrub gun cleaner.Anyone ever heard of it?
  2. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

I've heard of it but never tried it. I was actually thinking of getting
    it to try out so I will be interested to hear if anyone else has
    used it also.
  3. Glocker

Glocker New Member

If it's Birchwood-Casey Gun Scrubber that we're talking about, it works pretty well.

It's great for cleaning guns that have little nooks and crannies that are hard to get to with a brush or swab. I use it on my Glocks for that reason.
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

For half the price of GunScrubber, go to your local discount auto store and buy a can of BrakeKleen. Same thing, different package. This stuff sucks the oil out of the metal, so be sure and oil it up when you're done cleaning.
  5. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Take note, this stuff can harm a guns finish. Plastics and if your gun has any aluminum parts that are blued or anodized......it can sometimes remove that finish. Not something I would recommend.

LTS
  6. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

YO Zepher, Hell's Kitchen?? mebbe 2 includin me nose where an wot dats is an wuz. U best B keepin things in werkin order if U still live there :cool:
  7. wdbf

wdbf New Member

I am basically lazy.The problem I have with gun scrubber is it shows you that what you thought was a clean bore-isn't.
  8. Glocker

Glocker New Member

I've used it on my Glocks, as well as many military surplus rifles which were loaded up with cosmoline, and it's never caused any harm.

Just my experience.
  9. Ross95966

Ross95966 New Member

Brake cleaner is the same stuff, and cheaper.
    A few years ago there was a run on "Gun Scrub" in case lots, causing many shops to discontinue it under police pressure. It seems that the purchasers couldn't tell the muzzle from the butt on a gun.
    Only in Darkest Call ee FOR knee uh,
    Ross