GUN SHOPPING

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by sctt77, Feb 2, 2012.

1. sctt77

sctt77 New Member

i went shopping for a handgun yesterday and i fell in luv wit the ruger p95 fit my hand real nice felt good not to heavy with that being said why is it when ur looking an find sumthin u like they try an get you to buy sumthin u dont want the guy tryed talking me into a taurus compact or a ruger src9 i think it was they were to small in my handmade me mad so i went down the road to another store got same gun for 20.00 cheaper an ordered it
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I sell the p95s for 299.00. Not sure why they didnt want to sell you that gun. Maybe because they make more off of the others?
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

...that's when I walk out after telling them to have a good day.
    If I'm looking at something I'm intersted in and the "people" arent that interested in makeing a good sale, my buisness goes elsewhere.
  4. Zane71464

....oh, and i like the P95 as well, have the P89 but have shot the p95 and I like!
  5. brad87

brad87 Former Guest

dude was dead SET on selling me a taurus judge the other day. i had no intent of buying anything, just wanted to play with some of their small frame revolvers. not to mention, a judge is very close to the bottom of my list for guns i'd like to own.
  6. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Sounds like a 'gun-bubba' to me....Prob had walked across the street where his previous job was flipping burgers at McD's...:eek:..

Gun-Bubba's can usually be found in abundance at the firearms department of 'big-box' sporting good stores...Usually they have read one or two back issures of "Field & Stream" while at the barber shop and then pronounce themselves as qualified 'gun-professionals"....

Easily identified, gun-bubba's will proceed to amuse the more savy customer with their amazing lack of knowledge and their own self importance of "I know what is best for you." idiocy...

Gun-bubba's are easy to confused as they try to convince you to purchase something you dont want to buy, but they 'know' is a much better gun for you and your family...:rolleyes:

For instance: Ask the bubba a simple question like..."Is the 30-06 better than a .308W as compared to a .30-30 for hunting the American Whitetail."...Observe carefully the befuddled expression that crosses his face and try not to break into guffaws at his answer...Bait him some more and increase the fun you are having with this jerk...

Such as: "Do the Hornady Zombie bullets really kill zombies?" "I read in last months Journal of the Foreign Eco-Terrorist magazine that the Russians have covertly sold the Iranians a secret virus they plan on using to turn millions of Americans into Zombies." "I need to be prepared to defend my family, ya know." KEEP YOUR FACE STRAIGHT....:p...'What do you think I should buy?":p

After having some fun with this guy, he may become frustrated enough to request a transfer to the ladies shoe department or maybe go back to flippin' burgers at McD's where he belongs in the first place...:D

Recent example of a gun-bubba...An avid hunter and shooting friend went into a 'big-box' to buy his son a .22LR for squirrel hunting....Finding the rifle he wanted, the 'gun-bubba' asked what he planned on using it for...My friend told him and the bubba gets this "Why you stupid dumb-ass." look on his face...Then says to my friend, "You can't use this gun for hunting." Why? sez my friend in suprise......Bubba replies in his best "know it all' voice, "Because its a .22 thats why!!....My friend shakes his head, puts the gun back on the counter, walks away muttering to himself about how they ever let this idiot near firearms...Came out to the range where I worked and had me order one for him that was there at 10AM next day...We got some damn good laughs at that one....
  7. army mp

army mp Member

I own 4 p- series guns and will take a Ruger over a Taurus any day. With the explosion in carry Licenses, most are looking for smaller carry guns. I think gun shops are steering customers that way thinking most new gun owners buy a gun then find it too bulky for practical carry. The p-series guns are built like tanks and made for a lifetime, but you do have a trade off the P-series are not the best choice for a daily carry gun. I see you live in Washington Co. I hear Ace down your way is pretty good to deal with. I live in Westmoreland Co. and I have found Bee in Saltsburg to be one of the most honest reasonable priced gun shops in the area. All the guns and reloading supplies I have bought there over the years, not one bad experience. However a little late now but there are some fantastic deals on used guns on two PA. Gun and hunting forums. Also there is a gun show in Monroeville this weekend, with the Super bowl Sunday you should find some good deals Sunday afternoon.
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Zane, now that's funny right there.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They were intent on selling those to you because they make more off them. The ruger P series have been killed, profit margin wise, by big boxes like Academy sports and Gander Mtn. They sell them dirtcheap so the smaller guy must follow suit. They are fantastic weapons.

You have to be firm with them. To the point of, "Shut up and sell me the ruger P95 dammit"
  10. Zane71464

EXACTLY!
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Most of the time i will just let the gun bubbas talk. Only they and I know just how full of S*** they are. Sometimes ill turn it on them. Like, "well shoot, im pretty happy with the P95, so ill let you buy the Taurus and the SR9C. Im a nice guy like that, I dont mind settling for less so others can have more"

Gets em everytime.
  12. sctt77

sctt77 New Member

army it was aces that tryed to get me to buy the taurus iam going to use it for carry but not goin to buy sumthin that i dont like the feel of it didnt fit my hand didnt feel comfy an the guy reply was well you have to shoot it to get use to it umm no i dont srry i want it to fit not hoping its going to feel good after i shoot it anyways i went to johnstons an can get it 20.00 cheaper
    double d were you located do you ship if i buy one frome you guys?
  13. savage170

savage170 Member

congrats on your p-95 i have one and when i carry 9mm it's my carry gun
  14. Zane71464

...one thing I wish my older P89 would have on it that the P95 does, is the option of the under barrel mount for a light/laser.
    Congrat's on yours, sctt77!
  15. sctt77

sctt77 New Member

thanks all
  16. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I bought the wife a P95 for Christmas. She has put almost 500 rounds thru it with only ONE FTF. The quality is excellent, shoots where pointed, and feels good in the hand. A good buy!

Whether it's firearms or auto tires it's important to do your research and know what's available and not rely on a salesperson to determine what you "want" or "need"