Gun Show in Metro Atlanta Area

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnK3, Sep 29, 2005.

1. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

SWMBO and I will be at the Eastman Gun Show at the North Atlanta Trade Center this Saturday 1 October 2005 in the morning. Afterwards, plan on heading down to Tom Lowe's to shoot some skeet with a buddy of mine. If anybody wants to see if we can meet at the gun show, drop me a PM and we'll trade cellphone numbers, etc. If you want to join us for some skeet, we'd be happy to have you along!

--JohnK
  2. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Well, we went to the show. Was nice, but She was disappointed in the lack of venison jerky. (Someone had some for sale last year. I got maybe two bites while she finished off the rest!)

She did find someone who had a variety of leather for sale in different colors, hides and textures. She settled on a nice piece of green deerskin that she plans on using for various projects in the SCA. (Society for Creative Anachronism, a Medieval reenactment group we belong to.)

While she was picking through the leather goods, I wandered over to a table that someone had setup with a bunch of nice-looking rifles, shotguns, etc. My eye was drawn by a .45-70 rolling block action that looked kinda purty. I looked around to see if there was a "Please do not handle" sign or anything like it, then picked it up and opened the action to look down the bore. (While it should have been zip-tied, it wasn't.) Bore was a bit dirty. Not nasty, mind you, but definitely not cleaned last time it had seen a round. Shrugged, closed the action then put it down.

In putting it down, I accidently bumped the trigger guard on a bolt-action next to it. Not hard, mind you, just a light tap. Fellow behind the counter said "Please don't hit my guns with each other" or something to that effect. Figuring this was a very reasonable request, I apologized, as I had not intended to do so. He goes on to complain that this was why he doesn't like people picking up his guns, because they put them down and ding them against each other. Again, I apologized. His comment was "Sorry doesn't fix the ding!" At that point, I figured I just needed to say "Goodbye!" and walk away from someone who obviously failed to see the irony in being so concerned for a possible ding from two guns touching each other but not giving a fig for the condition of their bores.

As I walked away, I saw him come around from behind his table to peer intently at the trigger guard of the bolt action to ascertain if there was a ding. (There wasn't.)

His complaints to another dealer about not having sold anything, yet were priceless. I could have told him exactly where his problem lay, but doubted he was in a mood to hear it from anyone, least of all me.
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

You have a lot of patience, JohnK. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Johnk3

I thought you were from Idaho ??

mike
    gn
  5. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Never been to Idaho.

My wife was born and raised there, though. And I've got a couple of kids that have been there, while I haven't.

I'm originally from Bellaire, Texas and live in Tucker, Georgia.
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Oh. I got you confused with someone from another forum ?? I knew a johnk3 over at "GT" that was from Idaho and was a gunsmith...

Sorry.

mike
    gn