Gun Show-Red X Arms AR15 parts

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by mncarpenter, Jul 18, 2011.

1. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

Went to a gun show Saturday in the Twin Cities West Metro-stopped at a table for RedXArms-lowest price on uppers I've ever seen.All their parts were very reasonable, and nice stuff. Some they machine themselves, some manufactored stuff. AR15 flatop 20" free float knurled handguard,SS bull barrel upper w/o BCG/charging handle for 275.00. I know some folks atre looking at building uppers or complete rifles, might want to check them out. I asked what brand barrels they were using and the guy said they were Mossberg. Huh?? I didn't know Mossberg built AR barrels, but they looked like they were pretty decent. I googled RedX and found some forums with chatter about the company, some guys claiming good groups.
    I have no affiliation with RedX just thought I'd pass on some info. First time I've ever seen them.

Ok. I've just done a quick search on "Mossberg AR 15 barrels" and it seems they make a large number of the OEM barrels for AR15s..go figure.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Wildalaska

Wildalaska Former Guest

Mossberg makes a superb AR barrel

WildaswellasmanyothersAlaska ™©2002-2011
  3. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Hey Wild, I have this old Colt A2 preban, my first AR, bought for $440 in late 80's. I figure I've shot 4-5 thou rounds through her. I've been dreaming about a 6.5 upper for the preban, any idears?
  4. Wildalaska

Wildalaska Former Guest

Yeah we could do one, but good 6.8 barrels are expensive compared to .223 ones.

Now you could wait and buy the colt combo rifle in 223/308. Major wow factor

WildcallmeorstopbyAlaska ™©2002-2011
  5. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

We're making supply run into Anchorage mid August, where ya at?