Gun Show Report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Nov 3, 2007.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Indy 1500 was this weekend, I went today...

Actually was a GREAT show, lots of bargaoins, if I 'd have sold the gun I was carrying there were BUNCHES I might have bought...

Like a Nice 311 Stevens 20 ga, IC and MOD refinished to "blonde," (I like blondes... STOCKS that is...:cool:) for only $250 BEFORE dickering...

A Norinco SKS in good shape, but missing the mag, for $150...I probably would have bought if I sold the Sporter M44 I was carrying...

A couple of UNIQUE Mosin Nagants, like a 1944 M38 in a Wartime M44 stock, which is correct and kinda neat...for $100...a SWEET Tula 1940 91/30 for $90, and a SWEET 1931 Tula for $125... lots of FINNS, including Model 27s and 28s, but out of my price range...

An old DA S&W in .32-20 with a broken firing pin, for $150 that the guy said he'd take $100...I was tempted...

LOTS of Japanese, but my are THEY going up!

THREE Astra 600s ranging from $200 to $250, any one of them I would have liked...

I actually was surprised at the deals there were, too many to mention...

Oh yeah, Ohio Ordnance taking orders for their Semi Automatic .50 cal Ma Deuces, and with the "prototype" of their new Semi Auto Bren gun, with a sign (Coming Soon!):p

But here's my take....2 boxes of Winchester x54 ammo ($20 total) 4 boxes of my Remington sluggers ($8 total) a bottle of Shooters Choice Bore Cleaner and a new spear point cleaning jag for $13, a used but complete Lee Load all in 12 ga for $15, A lonely looking complete, functional, but needing TLC and a stock refinish Romanian 1954 M44 carbine, for $55, (THAT one made my day!;) ) five Mosin Nagant Stripper clips patterned after the originals, for $5 (LAST show the guy wanted $4 EACH!) A neat little flex neck LED bore light/lazer pointer that I have already tormented a dog and two cats with! for $3, a raffle ticket for the USMC League, a Buck 422 folding knife with a "ground " blade,:cool: for $1 :)(will make a nice utility knife around the reloading bench...)

All in all not a bad haul for around $130 including parking, gate, and lunch!

My cardiologist prolly wouldn't have been too pleased, tho', if he saw me lugging TWO M44s, and all the other stuff!;):)

But I'd just claim it was "stress relief....";)
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  2. And a Mauser Polish? Did you buy a Mauser?????? :eek::D
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Why waste money on a mauser when there are so many good guns out there?
  4. polishshooter

:D

Actually, I saw plenty of Mausers, PS, but as usual, they were pretty much the same old ,same old, overpriced table fillers....;)
  5. Sad Ron, very sad. And here I thought you were a fine judge of good whiskey, wild women, and fine firearms. My illusions are shattered! :D;)
  6. polishshooter

Hey, when I get to watch the Bills on TV I get a lot of nervous energy, so I ended up repairing and refinishing the Romanian M44, and even got it out back to function test and fire an off hand group...I'll post the picts in CR...

I wish I would have taken before and after picts, it came out looking fine, even with some of the repairs I made...

My $55 investment may be worth a cool $75 now....:p
  7. Yup, Polish, but if it were a Mauser K98, it would be worth at least $200 even in raggedy condition. :D;)
  8. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Every original mauser I've seen has been in raggedy condition.

I want something I can take to range after a good cleaning to shoot it and not have to worry about parts falling off or the rifle coming apart in my hands.

Now the Swedes made a far superior model of the 98 and the 38
    in a superior calibre, 6.5X55.

JMHO