The Firearms Forum banner

gun show

827 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  soundguy 
#1 ·
hitting a gunshow in the am.. hope to walk the isles and find a reload supplier.

we have a guy that makes about half the shows in florida.. usualy has 4 tables of good stuff.. he missed a show a few weeks ago.. unfortunately...

#3 · (Edited)
My experience is, that I can buy any reloading supplies I need just as cheap locally without paying the $8 to get into the gun show.

Some others may not be as fortunate.
+1
Gunshows have never saved me a dime within the last 15-20 years. Although its fun to look, deals are awfully rare, especially after the entrance fees, i wish they were only $8 around here, I'd consider going to them again.

#4 ·
The last gun show I went to cost me $7.00 admission and I did find some savings at the one person who was selling reloading supplies. I thought the admission was offset by the lower prices on powder, primers, and a .30 M1 Carbine die set that I bought. Maybe I get lucky but I usually find some things cheaper at the shows.

#5 ·
same here. show fee is only 6$

last show I hit, no reload supplier.. but did find (3) 2-die rifle sets for 10$ each. found a bunch of 222rem brass that I got for about 4 cents a cartridge..

some of the stuff I'm reloading is out of stock at many of the suppliers.. thus I'm scrounging for some stuff.. besides.. 10$ die sets.. vs 25$ sets? I'll take that deal all day long...

#6 ·
lets see. got a set of pacific 30-30 dies.. cheaper than i could pick up rcbs and they looked in quite decent condition.. saw some examples of loads made witht hem and was satisfied.. etc. got a very small amount of 30-30 prass.. perhaps 20 rounds.. going to start saving up now that i have a die set for it. found an older 'dupont' 4064 rifle powder can.. reminded me of an old powder can my stepdad used to have.. got it for nostalgia sake.. grabbed an old '59 copy of a shooters bible.. ( 1-2$ items.. etc.. ) best score of the day was finding some .218bee brass. i have precious little for mine... or did...

#8 ·
luckilly, I USUALLY don't work sundays.. and I don't have to be to work on saturday till mid afternoon.

mind you I never turn down work to hit a show. I basically got 2 part time jobs due to the economy.. and one is not doing good.. so I work whenver I can.. and try to spend money only on deals.. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.