Gun Show

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by wvugunnut, May 24, 2011.

1. wvugunnut

wvugunnut New Member

In a couple weeks I am heading to Louisville KY to what my friends call the biggest gun show on the east coast, they say anything and everything will be there so I am looking to buy a couple things and was wondering if someone could help me out with prices so I do not get bent over while I am there.

AK-47 Pistol price?

AK-47 with synthetic folding stock price?

75 round drum mag for 7.62x39mm price?

Or if its cheaper just to get a plain jane AK and then put after market things on it myself?

Anything will help thank you. :D
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

First, make sure of the legalities of buying a firearm outside your home state. Don't want to make the trip for nothing, right? :)

I haven't seen the drums sell for much under $100. If you get anywhere close to $80, you're doing very well. If it gets any lower than that, I'd carefully check it for damage. Buyer beware!

Hopefully someone else comes along shortly to give you some better information than I have.

Buying a "tacti-cool" AK from a dealer will be expensive. Going that route, you're probably better off to build it the way you want for yourself. I've never found one customized exactly like I want... so I am building my AR myself. A slightly different project, but the same general idea.
    If you can find an individual, though, who no longer wants the one he bought or built, that will be your best deal.