Gunner Guy back on WTB forum, GB

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 4, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/1/01 3:11:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Gunner Guy back on WTB forum, GB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, it is interesting. Just went and did a search, and he has just started posting on there again since 6/27, and he has hit 7 or 8 suckers already. I started putting replies everywhere he has posted asking where my pstol parts are. Kinda funny he disappeared for several months and then comes back and is stupid enough to use the same name. Guy has balls, or else is extremely stupid. Everybody that has a chance, screw with this guy. He is a snake, he stalks the WTB adds and screws people. He doesn't ever sell anything on the selling boards there, he just uses the "free" route of the WTB.

To refresh folks memories, he sold me a supposedly complete in excellent condition Ruby style Model 1915 pistol. When I got it, it had been parkerized (not original) and was missing the extractor and one grip panel. I e-mailed him that if he forwarded the missing parts, the deal would be OK - he claimed that he had removed the grip panel to record the serial number - bullshit, because the serial number was on the frame in an area that wasn't under the grip. He never sent me a copy of his license, and he lives in California - guess what - I couldn't return it! Besides the fact I would probably never get my money back. After 5 or 6 months - still no parts.

Some of you sellers encounter bad buyers, well, some of us buyers encounter bad sellers. This guy is one of them.
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/1/01 3:31:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Gunner Guy back on WTB forum, GB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Consider some more grief given................

Gunnerguy
    (7/3/01 9:04:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Why don't you reply BOB?
    If you can be a little more civil with your language
    then I will allow you to post on this site again!

Admin

---------------------------------------------------------
    *edited for language. you WILL NOT come here attacking a member and use that language. Consider this your first and only warning on this subject.*
    **further edited for language** You may post a legitimate complaint and you may respond to a legitimate complaint - you may not attack another who posts here with filthy language. You will not get another chance.

Edited by: Tac401 at: 7/4/01 12:41:34 pm

M Opaliski
    (7/3/01 9:17:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Why don't you reply BOB?
    I have to say there Ray, that is no way to talk to someone, no matter what the situation may be between the two of you. I hope that you are able to work this out in some way that leaves the two of you satisfied, perhaps then,this can rest. As for the virus, I have come to know Bob and he is not built that way, it's not something that he would do.

Good luck ... everyone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Support your RKBA ... Buy a Firearm!
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/3/01 9:36:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Why don't you reply BOB?
    Gunnerguy, glad you came by...don`t know how you got the welcome....but welcome. Here all matters can and will be settled, provided you can do it in a rational manner. I still believe you are placing the blame, instead of carrying it. You could have posted a post in the WTB forums and ask for Bob to respond, way back when this occured.....3 to 4 weeks is not 6 months. I only see excuses, we ain`t bad guys, just a fair shake...$50.00 or $5,000.00 if it`s not complete-it`s not complete, it is your responsibility to make it right....not Bob`s. With that said....I welcome you, if you decide to continue posting here. This is a fine group of people and care about people and they`re rights. I will be the first to offer my hand in peace, the choice is yours. Just make it right, thats all we`re asking. LTS

kdubaz
    (7/3/01 9:44:05 pm)
    GunnerGuy -

Trying to be a voice of reason in a gathering storm - a few items of clarification.

1) This forum has been established for the giving of honest, sincere feedback.

2) We WILL NOT tolerate personal attacks on any member.

3) the Adminstration of this board has established policy that any and all things may be disucssed on this board, as long as we keep it civil and within language appropiate for a public forum.

4) We welcome you to the board and hope you will join us in all the discussions you may care to.

I'm sure you and Bob can reasonably work out your problems if everyone gives you the opportunity to do so. Having been in the firearms business as long as you seem to have been, I'm sure you also desire to square things away, as Bob, being a reasonable business man, wants to do. Having known Bob for a couple of years now, here and on GB, I can assure you he did NOT retaliate or act in a mean-spirited way by sending you a computer virus. His method is the more in-your-face action, as witnessed on the GB WTB forum!
    Keep below the ridgeline!

gpostal
    (7/3/01 9:45:57 pm)
    i don't think there is a way to work it out with this guy ,if i remember he made promises in the past to make good to bob, but of course he chooses to do nothing ,and as far as someone sending personal mail ,of course gg would like nothing better than to keep it a secret ,how else would he be able to rip off another person

there is no way to tell if bob sent a virus ,on purpose anyway ,hey bob if you can do this let me know how ,this i gotta see ,love letter was world wide ,i guess bob was really busy

gg it is nice to accuse bob of doing this i guess it gives you the excuse to rip him off and be able to sleep at night

Edited by: gpostal at: 7/3/01 11:14:18 pm

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/4/01 8:45:23 am)
    DANG!!, I must have missed the good stuff again, guess he couldn`t do the right thing....GEEESH!

Bob In St Louis
    (7/4/01 12:45:41 pm)
    I left to go to a meeting at 6:30 PM last night, and haven't gotten back on the computer until this afternoon. Looks like I missed the interaction here.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/13/01 11:32:55 am)
    Bob
    since he never sent you a copy of his license is it possible that the gun in question is hot? by not sending license were any ATF regs violated? maybe an afternoon answering a few routine questions would help him find the missing parts

Bob In St Louis
    (7/13/01 8:41:16 pm)
    I received a small package in the mail today, had the missing grip panel (sans screws) and a $25.00 refund. I guess it could be called a done deal now. Just have to find an extractor and grip screws.