guns 4 pennies

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by CSA95, Oct 18, 2011.

1. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hey i can make a buck writing product reviews on crap shooting gear , folks then buy the stuff and find out is not what i said, not my hassls and if someone slanders me i'll sue eh?

pass .. and why not tell somneone theres a hole in the road ahead , a scam you know of to avoid , or dont go here or there for whatever reason

let's not help our fellow man eh ? let's just let it all slide by .. screw the other guy yeah? i'm ok ...

and here is why the world is going down the tube

i dont mean to single anyone out by this , but i see it becoming more and more common everywhere , personally i hate it but thats what society is becoming
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

To me they don't hide anything.

By using the web site you agree to everything in this document.
    [​IMG]

Nothing hidden here. They claim to be an online PAY PER BID auction site.
    [​IMG]

Here they explain that you have to PURCHASE bids.
    [​IMG]

Here they tell you exactly how the auction works.
    [​IMG]

I use you as a general term meaning anyone and not one specific person.

So they are not hiding a single thing from you. You just failed to read. If you fail to read the terms and just click the box like 99.999999999% of the peoplez on the interwebz. Well you deserve what you get. How can you not figure out that you can't truly get a FN SLP for 3 cents. Just like at qbids, you can't really get a macbook pro laptop for $1. That is a $2k+ laptop.

With this website (guns4pennies.com) as soon as you log in you are meet with a screen asking you to BUY a BID PACKAGE. How can someone not figure out that you have to pay per bid?

I personally don't see it as immoral just because you have to pay to bid on something. People set them up to make money and that is what they are doing.

As for you claiming that I am all for running a ponzi scheme not sure where you get that. In a ponzi you are hiding the fact that you are using money paid into by me to pay someone else back. You are willfully scamming someone. Because if someone knows they are being scammed they will more than likely not get involved with it.

Again with the mortgage. I am by far no investment banker and I figured out that an ARM or an interest only loan were BAD investments. Really all you had to do was look on line for 30 seconds. It is no ones fault but, the person who signs on the dotted line for getting screwed in that deal.

Same can also be said about ebay. I see people on ebay charging $300 shipping on an item that cost $300 then they list the item at 1 cent. Then some yahoo comes in and bids that item up to $400 because they want it so bad.

You can't regulate stupidity. People are stupid and people are greedy.

I will even admin when I seen the first commercial for qbids.com I was at the site before the commercial was over. It took 30 seconds to figure out that you had to pay for the bids then pay for the item when you won.

In my arguments offered here I am in no way expressing that I agree with what they are doing. I don't use sites like this nor would I. Nor would I encourage anyone to use these sites.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Back in the 60's, there were a LOT of places selling lists of military surplus gear. Their ads gave examples like brand new Jeeps for $200. The fine print said all such were subject to availability. So you paid for the service, then started getting lists of the surplus that was REALLY for sale. No brand new jeeps for $200, but you could buy a total scrap deuce and a half for $2000 plus shipping from American Somoa.
    Legal? Sure.
    Ethical? No way.
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I dunno about guns fer pennies, but I did check out the On Target site.

Seems really convoluted to me.

Near as I can tell, ya can get a penny fer a buck. So every time ya bid, yer betting a buck. :confused: Are people really that stoopid?

Then they got this automated bidding system. Supposedly, ya can bet while yer away. So, if 100 bidders all have this 'option', and they all wait till the last few seconds to bid; the 'option' can rack up thousands of bids in a matter of seconds?
    And the site reserves the right to pick the winner? :eek:

Then of course, no other 'optional' bidding software is allowed? :rolleyes:

Stinks like scam to me. :mad:

Caveat emptor.
  6. woolleyworm

Also, get this - YOU CAN BID YOURSELF UP !! WTH IS THAT???? SCAM, that's what that is!! I used my free bids just to see and sure as stink, you can UP bid yourself !!! They also didn't mention anything in the "rules" about the 30 sec re-occuring timer once a bid is placed. They may have since added that in, but it was not in the disclosures previously. The timer is bs along with the entire penny auction network of scammers.
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Is it a scan sure it is. Who the hell buys a penny for a buck?

But, it is on the consumer to figure that out for themselves. I see no need to ban them or go crazy on them for what they are doing.
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

You don't buy a penny for a buck, guys.

The dollar per bid only covers your RIGHT TO BID, it does not include the penny you are bidding; you have to pay that separately.
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

This just in...

Ya can bid to get bids.

I can pay to get ta pay? :confused: Really? :rolleyes: :crazy:
  10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I see no advantage to this for the bidder, and I seriously doubt the bargains they claim people are getting. It doesn't matter where an auction starts out but where it ends up. Other bidders simply wont allow you to steal an item. Plus the losers have paid a premium just to participate.
  11. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

There is a new one OnTarget Auctions. I just noticed them pop up on here as well.

Same exact thing as guns 4 pennies.
  12. woolleyworm

That's who we've been talking about for the past 4-5 days; guess I should have pm'd you to clue ya in on that earlier. There was a OTA thread, but since they're sponsors, it's a bit more discrete to discuss it here.

I don't doubt the deal, so long as the high bidder didn't spend a ton of bids. Profits on items from these sites often are many times over retail, even with the high bidder only paying a few bucks. Yes, the losing bidders are the ones that are big time losers that create all that profit.
  13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Yeah, that clock 'reset' is a real gem ain't it?

Every time someone bids, the clock gets set back. Add the autobid, and yer broke in a heartbeat. :rolleyes:
  14. woolleyworm

Can anyone tell me how this is truth in advertising? Cause I have a million ways it ain't !

"Winner!
    contactjoon
    Saved 94%"

well, the auction didn't meet reserve, there was no winner and he didn't "save" anything since there was no money transacted. So to me, it's just another false smokescreen to think that someone actually did win a 1911 at that price. If it were advertised as High Bidder xxxxxxx last bid at 94% off, then that's more realistic.
  15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

The current auction has ended. See results here:

http://ontargetauctions.com/complete_history.php?id=1087

Looks like the auto-bidder works quite well.

50 bids went for 156 bucks. The top two spent $85 for a 50 dollar item.

And then the claim for the winner:

Savings
    + Retail Value:
    $50.00
    - Current Bid:
    $1.56
    - Bid Credits Used x $0.65
    $0.00
    - Taxes & Shipping Fees:
    $4.50

Savings Total:
    88% or $43.94

So the winner really spent 65 bucks, plus S&H for a 50 dollar item.
    How on earth does 65 bucks for a 50 dollar item create a net savings of $43.94? :eek:

Dayum! People be stoopid!
  16. woolleyworm

Depending on free bids, it depends on how many bids they actually purchased and placed. You can win one of these auctions with just one bid, but it's very very rare. It usually comes down to outlasting the opposing bidders.

BTW - doing a little digging on the auction now. will bb in a few.

17. woolleyworm

the "winner" put in 49 bids, so if he bought them as cheap as possible which is .65 ea, then that = $31.85 + the bid amount of $1.56 to shipping/taxes of $4.50 equals a total of $37.91 for 50 bids.

So this means he bought these 50 bids for $0.76 each!!!! Proof that people are IDIOTS !! and who would spend a $1000 to buy bids which don't guarantee you ANYTHING at all........

at this point, I'm going to just roll with Tango and say the heck with it, throw my hands in the air and just let the idiots that want to get sucked into those sites meet their financial demise.

and just think of the profits on this one, it's not like anyone had to "make" the bids or that there's any overhead in producing bid packs, it's the equivalent of our gov't printing new money.... hell, we'll just make more!!
    at 156 bids, they're looking at a min profit of around $100+ off this auction........ Damn, if only I had no moral backbone to take advantage of morons.......
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  18. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

If ya look at the bid history, the 30 second reset is quite aparent. The loser simple ran out of bids, and the winner spent way more than he needed to.

My mama always said....

"Winner!
    contactjoon
    Saved 94%"

That's a riot Woolley! What did he win? :rolleyes:
  19. woolleyworm

I had put the bid list into an excel file so that I could sort them easily, well it was my oversight, but the actual winning bidder only put in 30 bids, so the idiot that put in 49........ he actually LOST $31.85!!!!
  20. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I was looking at the SOG tac Hawk on ontargetauction.com

You can buy it for $59.95 (MSRP) + $8.50 shipping

Or you could go to amazon.com and get it for $27.55 with free shipping......

You see people doing this all the time.

I watched a person bid $1500 on a $700 laptop. WHAT yes on ebay to get around the fees someone was selling a laptop for .01 with shipping costing $699.99 Funny thing was it was about 6 new people that would just bid and bid and bid on the thing.

You just have to sit there and shake your head at them. ********* is a scam as well I think. I seen $150 Remington 511 rilfes being sold for $500. What I hate is that people go to the CMP buy a Mossy M44us for $150 then put it right on ********* for $400.