guns 4 pennies

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by CSA95, Oct 18, 2011.

1. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Now, if only the gov't and corporate America would grasp hold of that moral concept............... well, it was a nice thought..... :(
  2. woolleyworm

The way they rig these penny auctions ensures that the "house" is never going to be out much if any. If smoke and mirrors are something that you like, then by all means have yourself a very spendy time on these penny auction site; otherwise, you will spend much less in the long run elsewhere. The "resetting" timer feature is another gimmick that just runs up the bidding and exhorbenant profits for the "house" too.
  3. woolleyworm

Examples of just what you "get" on some of these "deals"......

Lets say you're bidding on a SOG TF-7 knife at suchandsuchpennyscammers.com and it's got a reserve of .65c; seems like a darn fair and cheap price...... well, 65 bids to get there, so at the cheapest bids possible ( .68c), that equals $44.20 in bids, plus your bid amount of .65, plus shipping. So you end up right around $50 even if you win it for the lowest amount. Let's say it goes up to $2.25 for the knife, not a bad price to pay at all you think. So long as you've only put in a few bids, that's not bad. But think of what the seller is making on this deal.

2.25 = 225 bids, so a minimum of $153.00 is going into their pockets. Those that lost out on the auction, GET THIS>>>>>, can "not lose their bid fees" by applying them to the retail price and buying the item now........... OOOHHHHHH what a DEAL YOU SAY !!!!! So if I used 40 bids and didn't get the item in auction, I could apply that $27 twoards the retail price and "not lose it", so you end up paying $120+ for the knife in order to not lose your bid$$................ I'm going explain this very simply to anyone that thinks these auctions are worth even putting in one bid on............

YOU CAN BUY THE KNIFE ONLINE AT MULTIPLE PLACES FOR UNDER $50 SHIPPED !!!!!!

So, meanwhile, these auction site are racking in the $$$$ at waaaaay more than retail at who's expense???????????

the dummies that bid on them !

DON'T PLACE A SINGLE BID AT ANY PENNY AUCTION SCAM SITE. IT MAY BE LEGAL (for now), BUT IT SURE AS HELL AIN'T MORAL OR ETHICAL.
  4. woolleyworm

my reason to bid on anything from these type sites is if I have free bids and there's not many registed bidders yet. The first few no reserve items on the site are about the only ones that will actually be a "good deal". Once the sheeple get to bidding, it's just a crap-shoot, literally.
    Beware though, it's an addiction and some people think they actually have a shot at winning on these auctions.

If anyone thinks differently of my smoke and mirrors view, I'd love to find out more and see if I'm missing something here.
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

So your telling everyone not to bid then you turn around and talk about how you bid on them sites. Hummmmmmm sounds fishy to me.

I'm not tracking how it is immoral?

They post the terms and conditions and you have to agree to them when you sign up. If you don't understand them or you agree to them it hour reading that is your fault.

Same thing as people buying a house that is 3 times what they can afford and and doing an arm loan so they can. No one forced them to sign up no one forced them to bid 65 times. And buy a $10 knife for $75. Everyone makes choices in life some people just are not as good at them as others.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  6. woolleyworm

7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hey i can make a buck writing product reviews on crap shooting gear , folks then buy the stuff and find out is not what i said, not my hassls and if someone slanders me i'll sue eh?

pass .. and why not tell somneone theres a hole in the road ahead , a scam you know of to avoid , or dont go here or there for whatever reason

let's not help our fellow man eh ? let's just let it all slide by .. screw the other guy yeah? i'm ok ...

and here is why the world is going down the tube

i dont mean to single anyone out by this , but i see it becoming more and more common everywhere , personally i hate it but thats what society is becoming
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

To me they don't hide anything.

By using the web site you agree to everything in this document.
    [​IMG]

Nothing hidden here. They claim to be an online PAY PER BID auction site.
    [​IMG]

Here they explain that you have to PURCHASE bids.
    [​IMG]

Here they tell you exactly how the auction works.
    [​IMG]

I use you as a general term meaning anyone and not one specific person.

So they are not hiding a single thing from you. You just failed to read. If you fail to read the terms and just click the box like 99.999999999% of the peoplez on the interwebz. Well you deserve what you get. How can you not figure out that you can't truly get a FN SLP for 3 cents. Just like at qbids, you can't really get a macbook pro laptop for $1. That is a $2k+ laptop.

With this website (guns4pennies.com) as soon as you log in you are meet with a screen asking you to BUY a BID PACKAGE. How can someone not figure out that you have to pay per bid?

I personally don't see it as immoral just because you have to pay to bid on something. People set them up to make money and that is what they are doing.

As for you claiming that I am all for running a ponzi scheme not sure where you get that. In a ponzi you are hiding the fact that you are using money paid into by me to pay someone else back. You are willfully scamming someone. Because if someone knows they are being scammed they will more than likely not get involved with it.

Again with the mortgage. I am by far no investment banker and I figured out that an ARM or an interest only loan were BAD investments. Really all you had to do was look on line for 30 seconds. It is no ones fault but, the person who signs on the dotted line for getting screwed in that deal.

Same can also be said about ebay. I see people on ebay charging $300 shipping on an item that cost $300 then they list the item at 1 cent. Then some yahoo comes in and bids that item up to $400 because they want it so bad.

You can't regulate stupidity. People are stupid and people are greedy.

I will even admin when I seen the first commercial for qbids.com I was at the site before the commercial was over. It took 30 seconds to figure out that you had to pay for the bids then pay for the item when you won.

In my arguments offered here I am in no way expressing that I agree with what they are doing. I don't use sites like this nor would I. Nor would I encourage anyone to use these sites.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  9. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Back in the 60's, there were a LOT of places selling lists of military surplus gear. Their ads gave examples like brand new Jeeps for $200. The fine print said all such were subject to availability. So you paid for the service, then started getting lists of the surplus that was REALLY for sale. No brand new jeeps for $200, but you could buy a total scrap deuce and a half for $2000 plus shipping from American Somoa.
    Legal? Sure.
    Ethical? No way.
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I dunno about guns fer pennies, but I did check out the On Target site.

Seems really convoluted to me.

Near as I can tell, ya can get a penny fer a buck. So every time ya bid, yer betting a buck. :confused: Are people really that stoopid?

Then they got this automated bidding system. Supposedly, ya can bet while yer away. So, if 100 bidders all have this 'option', and they all wait till the last few seconds to bid; the 'option' can rack up thousands of bids in a matter of seconds?
    And the site reserves the right to pick the winner? :eek:

Then of course, no other 'optional' bidding software is allowed? :rolleyes:

Stinks like scam to me. :mad:

Caveat emptor.
  11. woolleyworm

Also, get this - YOU CAN BID YOURSELF UP !! WTH IS THAT???? SCAM, that's what that is!! I used my free bids just to see and sure as stink, you can UP bid yourself !!! They also didn't mention anything in the "rules" about the 30 sec re-occuring timer once a bid is placed. They may have since added that in, but it was not in the disclosures previously. The timer is bs along with the entire penny auction network of scammers.
  12. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Is it a scan sure it is. Who the hell buys a penny for a buck?

But, it is on the consumer to figure that out for themselves. I see no need to ban them or go crazy on them for what they are doing.
  13. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

You don't buy a penny for a buck, guys.

The dollar per bid only covers your RIGHT TO BID, it does not include the penny you are bidding; you have to pay that separately.
  14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

This just in...

Ya can bid to get bids.

I can pay to get ta pay? :confused: Really? :rolleyes: :crazy:
  15. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I see no advantage to this for the bidder, and I seriously doubt the bargains they claim people are getting. It doesn't matter where an auction starts out but where it ends up. Other bidders simply wont allow you to steal an item. Plus the losers have paid a premium just to participate.