Guns as a financial investment.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whip, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Actually, the government owns the land. That's why we have parks, Natl forests, etc. They only let us lease it so we can pay taxes on it.:rolleyes:

Eminent domain allows the government to take our property if they so choose.

I agree Carver, if we ever reach the Mad Max scenario, gold and silver won't be worth spit. It may be of value to those behind closed doors, but the people trying to beat them down couldn't care less.:p
  2. Petergunn

Petergunn Member

I've got the land and thanks to Utica shale I'll get a chance to buy guns, with an FFL I should get the most for my $$$
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  3. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

If it were a federal law banning imports I would put my money on the "if any" as far as they go. Based on the current Firearms Freedom Acts some states (18 I think) have for the imports to survive they would have to establish manufacturing plants in each state. That would mean 18 factories, 18 sets of all the machining they would need. Those sold then cannot leave the state. That is of course if the states do not change their laws as well. I agree, though, if they are banning it won't stop at imports which would mean the domestic manufacturers would be in the same 18 factories, 18 sets of machining boat and will have a tough time surviving.
  4. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Guns as investments....

Only if they are a small part of your holdings. Buy what you really like to own, as you may end up with it in the end, selling for the same or less value. One never knows for sure. My "play" in this is Winchester M70' 52's, and M12 shot guns. So far they have done well.

Regards, Kirk
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  5. Oldeyes

Oldeyes Member

I totally agree with Kirk's approach to the issue. Early on I bought a few guns as investments that I was really not totally into. I bought them solely with appreciation in mind. I also bought other good quality guns that I really liked and that I used. To a one the ones that I bought as investments pretty much tanked or stayed constant in value over the years and the ones that I really liked and bought to use did a pretty good job of appreciating some. So, my best advice to you would be to buy quality firearms that you like, take care of them, use them and enjoy them and you won't lose too much money in the long run. :)
  6. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

remember, the best return from investing in firearms is your freedom. so buy, buy, buy :D
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Rifle 1st choice because the ammo is more efficient and more powerful out of it, but pistol isnt out of the question. Im proficient with either one.

Rifle of choice, a marlin 60 or a ruger 10/22 and handgun of choice, bersa thunder 22 or walther P22
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

No, because in a SHTF situation, it aint gona matter. Im gonna make ammo to keep my family fed in this case and shoot anyone that says otherwise in the face..
  9. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

That's the way I see it. What are you going to do with the gold? Walk up to some one with a chicken and ask them how much you should shave off your little bar? Barter and exchange are a more likely scenario,to my way of thinking,in a total collapse situation. That will change eventually to a gold standard again. 'Course it may never go down that far, but who wants to chance it? I never thought I would see the headlines I read everyday, either.
    MORE AMMO!