"Guns in Bar" bill vetoed - TN

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by mrkirker, May 29, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Oh ya, what about WalMart, Sams Club or 7/11?
    It's all about what kind of liquor licences is posted on the wall, not the arrangement of the chairs.
  2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Thats the way it looks to me.
  3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Wal-mart, 711, and Sam's Club, have on-site consumption? Well, that sure explains how some of the employees behave! :)
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

This kind of logic would seemingly dictate that you should either store all your firearms outside your home or do all your drinking outside; one or the other.... :D

In all honesty, this bill is misunderstood. Allowing non-drinking patrons of nicer restaurants to carry their lawful concealed weapon just makes sense. My wife and I have two restaurants we frequent that are mainly known for their bars but have great food in the dining area. One serves some great pizza and the other serves hamburgers that are well-known locally. How would the presence of a concealed weapon in those places present an elevated hazard to anyone if carried by non-consuming patrons? I see no difference in this case than carry into a grocery store.

Also, how would a law prohibiting carry into these establishments be any more effective than the law already in place prohibiting carry by someone under the influence of alcohol? It would seem to me that if a person has intent to break one law, then the other additional law doesn't carry any more prevention capability. :confused:
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009