Guns on 20/20 and 60 Minutes

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by pinecone70, Apr 10, 2009.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Suddenly there are guns on the news programs, tonight is Diane Sawyer's report on guns in the U.S. and Sunday evening, 60 Minutes will have a segment as well. I'm unable to decide if I should watch 20/20 or not, I have a feeling it will make me angry!
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

What time? I dont even watch them shows much.
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

20/20 starts here at 9:00, I'm on central time. Sunday evening's 60 Minutes is on at 6:00 my time.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

well i am watching it and so far what i see is that 20/20 must have searched and found the stupidest people in the world to make this segment.
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

I have to agree, it is just as I figured it would be.

Television is getting kind of stupid...
  6. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek New Member

It will be on here in a few minutes. Is it worth watching, or should I just start writing a letter to the network now?
  7. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Well, there is a lot of talk about 'gun violence', as well as the mention of 'assault weapons', so it's pretty much the same old news report. They are talking about training and what people need to do to responsibly carry a gun for defense. Still puts guns in a bad light though, no surprise.
  8. bluzy788

bluzy788 New Member

No, television has always been stupid and will continue to be that way. It's entertainment for the masses, whether it's Happy Days, 60 Minutes or American Idol. The purpose of TV is to make money. It's a business. Don't let anyone fool you that television news is about journalism. It's about ratings and revenue.
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Oh, I choose my journalism carefully, watching this evening was quite a decision.
  10. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek New Member

I've only watched 15 minutes and I don't know if I can see anymore. I've already submitted a complaint to ABC.
  11. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Ah, good. Let the feedback begin....
  12. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

I only had to see the ads to convince me of Sawyer's and ABC's continued return to Yellow Journalism and manufactured news. I'm wondering when they are going to have a news special about, "100 Years of Yellow Journalism in America Remains in Prime Time."

That'll teach me to leave XM166 or Fox News.:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  13. topper

topper New Member

i turned off that worthless jabberbox tv long ago. i get my news from newspapers and internet.

Keep both barrels loaded!