Guns Safe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fidrych121, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Fidrych121

Fidrych121 New Member

I am looking for advise on getting a personal gun safe for under my bed. I have looked at the Gunvault line, but there have been a LOT of negative reviews on them, both the biometric and combination style. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am looking to store just a single gun in my bedroom.
  2. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

I gotta subscribe to this. I will need 2 or 3 for at home
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Why just one gun? Why under the bed? And, what type of gun?
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I spent 40 minutes with the guys at Cannon and Gunvault. Everything I tested worked good and looked very well built.

I also know that American Security has a well built heavy duty under bed safe/locker.
    http://www.amsecusa.com/home/

The thing about amsec is that they are a safe company that happens to make gun safes. They are really geared more towards banks, and other safes.
  5. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

I purchased a small steel gun safe for vehicles that would work for the bed too. Came with a steel cable to keep it secured to the car seat etc, and two keys. Cost $30. You have to sleep with the key. :)
    ON the other hand, I know people who have purchased the wall clocks with a hidden compartment behind the face. Hidden in plain sight.
    or Harbor Freight (and other places) have hollowed out technical type books with titles so boring nobody would pick them up.
    Both hold a full size handgun.
  6. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

I've had an American Security safe for +/- 15 years .... if I need another safe I'll talk to these folks first.
  7. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I've had an American Security that I bought in 1984, almost 30 years and still works fine. I'd buy another one in a minute.

Look for a used one on Craigs List.
  8. geds

geds New Member

Unless you bolt it to the floor - you just make a convenient carryall for any bugler. Unless it is fireproof, you will have fire and/or water damage in the event of a fire. So basically, you can accomplish the same protection with a trigger lock for a lot less money!

If you spend the bucks and get a fire proof safe that you can secure to the floor, you can store all of your valuables, eliminating the need for a safe deposit box.

With the aftermath of all of our recent tornados, the big lesson learned is to secure all of your insurance and bank account info inside a safe that is bolted down. You may loose everything else, but you'll be able to jump start your recovery faster and with much less headache and heartache.

Just my 2 cents....