GUNSMITH QUESTION

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tthompson1974, Oct 22, 2011.

1. tthompson1974

tthompson1974 New Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY THING ABOUT AGI WITH BOB DUNLAP .ITS A GUN SMITH COURSE ON DVD .JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANY HAS IT .IS IT WORTH THE TIME, MONEY ETC THANKS GOD BLESS
  2. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I don't know about that ....but Amer. Leaderhas dunlops disease.......
    His belly done lopped over his belt!!!!:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::na-na::dance:
  3. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

tt, you will have to excuse Brisk, his job is to keep us in stitches and does a good job but I don't know how Leader puts up with him. :D

Forgot to add that JLA should be a good source to answer your question. He will be around sure enough.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The AGI courses are well worth the investment. Prolly one of the more hands on approaches too. I also took the penn foster Gunpro course, which is a self motivated written course.

If you have the desire to learn smithing the AGI course is a good place to start. you will learn alot of the fundamentals. Nothing substitutes getting your hands dirty though. So be prepared to butcher your own weapons learning the trade. ;)
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Ive seen a few of the courses. Bob Dunlap is the best but I have found as time goes on that the course work is rather dated. His explanations on how actions work is great but the methods to fixing the issues I find to be archaic IMO. Not that his methods didnt work but they are not the bible on gun repair. JLA is right, nothing beats getting your hand dirty.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Nothing really is the gospel in gun repair. There are many ways to accomplish the same task. Best to learn the fundamentals and apply your own personality. You will know very quickly if you are cut out for smithing.
  7. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

AGI is a very good way to learn the "how to" but experience is the best.I have taken the Master gunsmithing course and the law inforcement course and also have many of the seperate dissasembely cds.When I get a gun in that I have not worked on or not familiar with I will get thier cd and watch it befor I do the work.They are very good on how to take down and reassemble guns.But they are for a person who ALLREADY has the knowledge of what is what when talking guns.
  8. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I've ordered one of his specific gun dvds, (for the AR-10) and glad I had it when I tore the armalite down; but I'm barely a novice.
  9. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I have several of his AGI specific gun dvd's plus some others but I've only done some browsing through some of them and haven't compared with any other brand that may be out there. They were given to me is why, but they seem to be a great product.
    Some of what I have:
    (1) H&K USP
    (2) S&W M&P Auto
    (3) Browning Hi-Power Armorer's Course
    (4) Beretta 92/Taurus Series
    (5) Super Tuning the Factory Rifle
    (6) Glass Bedding