Gunsmithing instruction videos on YouTube

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 9 fingers, Apr 25, 2009.

1. 9 fingers

9 fingers New Member

HI, you may all know this already but there are some excellent gunsmithing and general instruction videos on YouTube. Just go their site and type in what you want to know, stock refinish, bluing, scope mounting, or whatever and you will find all kinds of things. Some of them are put on by amateurs but are still helpful usually. Some of them are put on by Midway and are excellent. I have learned alot from them. There are also general shooting videos, some poor quality but some pretty cool. It helps if you have hi speed internet but if you are patient you can still watch them on a regular dial up line.
    9 fingers
  2. koginam

koginam New Member

Over the last year or so we have used many, with the submitters permission, in the gunsmith apprenticeship course as reference material. But on some of the videos you will find misinformation and some do some questionable customizing especially in converting to full auto.
    Midway and others do put out very informative videos, just don't take everything you see on U-tube as gospel.