Guys, need some auction advice on a few guns...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/26/01 8:26:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Guys, need some auction advice on a few guns...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What can I expect the following to go for, are they in my ballpark?

1) the 1943(?) Swedish Mauser
    2) the Russian Baikal model IJ-70, in 9x18 (?)
    3) the FN 49 in 8mm
    4) the "Russian Garand" (What do Tokarevs or Simonovs bring now?)
    5.) the Savage 1905 .32 ACP
    6.)the Astra 400
    7.) Russian, Chinese, and the other assorted SKSs

I guess these, along with a couple of the SxSs are all I'm really interested in, except for the Model 12 20" (drool) and all the Springfields and M1 carbines that I know are out of my range, and the Jap rifle and the other Mauser that I kinda know what to look for...

Any information you can give me on these, as well as what to look out for would be appreciated...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Edited by: polishshooter at: 10/26/01 11:02:41 pm

Bob In St Louis
    (10/26/01 8:32:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Guys, need some auction advice...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Based on recent auctions and sales I have seen, the FN49 in 8mm (if in very good - excellent condition) may go $400 to $500 on web auctions, live auctions maybe $350. The Astra 400 may go $150 to $200. The Savage 1905 $200 to $250. The various SKSs $150 to $300 depending on conditions and configurations. The others I would be really guessing. The good thing is that with the Indy 1500 going on, there will be a lot less dealers with bucks at the auction.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    (10/26/01 8:33:32 pm)
    What is a Baikal SA pistol?

Anybody know?
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

polishshooter
    (10/28/01 1:54:43 pm)
    You were pretty close, Bob. The Tokarev went for $310, the Savage .32 went for $160, the FN wenbt for $380, The SKSs from $185-$325.

There were TONS of people at the auction, they had to bring out more chairs, and comments at the Indy 1500 later said it was slow there in the morning...so it went the other way around...

The good news though is the auction was pretty diverse, lots of one of a kinds, so rarely was there more than 2 or 3 guys bidding on the same thing...not like an auction that is all military, or all old Winchesters where everybody is there for the same thing...