1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

H&A Military Police .38

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by donbryan1970, Feb 3, 2007.

1. donbryan1970

donbryan1970 New Member

My Grandfather left me a few guns when he passed and I need some info on them.

On top of the barrel it says THE HOPKINS & ALLEN ARMS CO.
    NORWICH, CONN. U.S.A PAT'D 21 1906
    It says SAFETY POLICE on top of the magazine. I took it apart to cleean it and found numbers on some of the parts. Where it breaks open right above where it swivels it says 2771. On the magazine on the end where you put the bullets in it says 771
    Thanks,
    Don
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Don.....

Well, you've really got me confused. You mention a "magazine" and a "magazine" end......magazines are used on pistols, and, as far as I know, Hopkins & Allen only made revolvers and single shots.

Can you post some photos? Full length right and left profile, and closeups of the markings on the gun, if possible.

I did some checking on the internet and came up with these:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/classifieds/none/_976702420.aspx

http://www.gunsamerica.com/classifieds/none/_976368172.aspx

Is this what you have?
  3. donbryan1970

donbryan1970 New Member

Hey, I'm sorry I confused you. At the time I was talking with someone else about a gun with a magazine. I'm attaching 2 pics.

Thanks,
    Don
  4. donbryan1970

donbryan1970 New Member

Let me know if the pics came through.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

6. donbryan1970

donbryan1970 New Member